21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
bentin wrote:
Get some Hydras, you’ll never notice any other noises.

I have a set of Nobl rims on Hydras arriving next week. Bring on the buzz!!

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
bentin wrote:

I'm the opposite, want everything quiet. Leaning towards Onyx for a wheel build.

Warranty headset is on the way. I'm going to go out and ride normal until it starts popping again, then take it up to the recommended Specialized shop to let the mechanic have a crack at it. My worst fear is that something is out of spec with the headset cups or the head tube..... stay tuned!

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 14:15 Quote
howmaybesgo wrote:
bentin wrote:

I'm the opposite, want everything quiet. Leaning towards Onyx for a wheel build.

Warranty headset is on the way. I'm going to go out and ride normal until it starts popping again, then take it up to the recommended Specialized shop to let the mechanic have a crack at it. My worst fear is that something is out of spec with the headset cups or the head tube..... stay tuned!

Good luck. I've got i9's on my single speed, they're annoying both to me and anyone in the general vicinity. I'd love a set of Vespers for this bike, but their orange is weird, so I'll likely do orange Project 321's with We Are One Unions.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 18:50 Quote
Anyone get one of the push shocks yet?

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 20:03 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
bentin wrote:

For real, are the pawls loud on those? It sounds g00fy but I really like loud rear hubs lol! Revenge Of The Locusts loud! I'd want other trail riders to hear me coming and think a swarm of kiLLeR BeeZ is coming to get them.

~JSV

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 21:12 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
bentin wrote:

For real, are the pawls loud on those? It sounds g00fy but I really like loud rear hubs lol! Revenge Of The Locusts loud! I'd want other trail riders to hear me coming and think a swarm of kiLLeR BeeZ is coming to get them.

~JSV

Yeah, they’re stupid loud. I rarely use my Spurcycle bell on my single speed, the hubs do that job for me.

I’ve had Kings, DT Swiss, Hopes and i9 and there’s no doubt that the i9 are far and away the loudest. I do have their system wheels and the aluminum spokes seem to make the louder than friends with regular steel spokes.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 22:12 Quote
bentin wrote:

Hahah! I’ve got the Hydras and I love both the sound, and the engagement!

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 14:53 Quote
Does anyone know if I can run a 210x50mm shock on the Evo which comes with a 210x55mm shock? I blew my DPX2 already and don't have a back-up with the same stroke length. Have to get the stock warrantied.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 15:27 Quote
jimmythesemi wrote:
Does anyone know if I can run a 210x50mm shock on the Evo which comes with a 210x55mm shock? I blew my DPX2 already and don't have a back-up with the same stroke length. Have to get the stock warrantied.

You can but you will end up with less travel.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
skyrez18 wrote:
jimmythesemi wrote:

You can but you will end up with less travel.

May mess with the geo a bit as well. It seems like a shorter stroke would slack the seat tube and headset unless the stroke difference is accomplished by internal stroke limiters. Either way, it’ll send, just with compromise.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 16:01 Quote
It’s what the S1 frames come with, but while the S1 gets a 150mm fork, they don’t list the change in rear travel, simple math says it would be 136, which should certainly effect geometry, as noted.

Posted: Jun 26, 2021 at 1:03 Quote
You guys who have 2022 model with Float X shock. Can you share your tune id?
I have OEM Float X Performance Elite and I think it's not RX tuned for Evo. So I might have to re-tune it. Thanks

The shock is good, but I need more small pump sensitivity.

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 5:40 Quote
howmaybesgo wrote:
bentin wrote:

I have a set of wheels built up with onyx hubs and we are one agent rims that could be for sale. Message me if interested.

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
Getting back to the coil shock issue:

Did some research and turns out that some shock brands (EXT and Push) are using spherical bearings. This solves the side/misaligned forces on the shock.
Had anyone tried this?
I’m now looking for the right size of the bearing for the front and rear eye of the stumpy. Will update as soon as I find them and also some “testing” when installed

Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
hondabw wrote:
I have it posted to Pinkbike buy/sell, but I’ve got an s5 frame I’m looking to trade for an s4. Bought it too big. Hoping someone bought too small.
I bought an S6 and I'm looking for and S5. My S6 is mint Ridewrapped from day1 with 10-12 rides on it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006824
Mobile Version of Website