21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 5:29 Quote
Anyone running a 170 up front? I just ordered the longer air spring , thinking it’ll be a good compliment the cascade link and it’s extended travel.

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 7:46 Quote
greenkoolaid wrote:
chunter wrote:
The only thing I don’t like about this bike is that it constantly gets accused of being battery powered

I was on the ferry towing my trailer and with my kayak and SJ Evo on the roof of my vehicle. I hear two guys talking and one says to the other. "That's a nice setup". Then one says, "Is that bike electric", and the other says "yes". Facepalm

This is probably all Specialized's fault with the Turbo SL e-bikes looking so damn normal nowadays. Imagine owning the new Bronson with it's downtube lol.

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 8:52 Quote
Chief2slo wrote:
Anyone running a 170 up front? I just ordered the longer air spring , thinking it’ll be a good compliment the cascade link and it’s extended travel.

I asked Specialized and it would void the warranty, I guess if you add the Cascade link the geometry would make sens tho.

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
Wait, can't we just pull the volume spacer on our fork and have it be 170mm? I've debated doing this when I service it to better match the Cascade link. How in the world would Spesh even know that you'd done that anyway? With the adjustable headset cups, I can't see a way that they'd be isolate that damage was due to a 10mm longer travel fork. Plus I'm sure my Cascade link has already voided my warranty (and just typing that.)

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 12:04 Quote
bentin wrote:
Wait, can't we just pull the volume spacer on our fork and have it be 170mm? I've debated doing this when I service it to better match the Cascade link. How in the world would Spesh even know that you'd done that anyway? With the adjustable headset cups, I can't see a way that they'd be isolate that damage was due to a 10mm longer travel fork. Plus I'm sure my Cascade link has already voided my warranty (and just typing that.)
A volume spacer does not reduce travel. You have to buy a 170 air shaft to change the travel.

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
1stevenml wrote:
bentin wrote:
A volume spacer does not reduce travel. You have to buy a 170 air shaft to change the travel.

Still sounds like an easy change when already doing service and like something that wouldn't really be "warranty voiding" in the grand scheme of things. I understand that Spesh can recommend not to do something and claim it will void the warranty, but at least in this instance, that seems relatively unlikely.

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
bentin wrote:
1stevenml wrote:
bentin wrote:

Still sounds like an easy change when already doing service and like something that wouldn't really be "warranty voiding" in the grand scheme of things. I understand that Spesh can recommend not to do something and claim it will void the warranty, but at least in this instance, that seems relatively unlikely.

If you are performing a lower leg service then it isn't a big deal BUT it is not part of the normal process for the lower leg service.

With a longer fork you will get more stress on the HT especially with the slackest head cup setting. I think that is what Specialized is protecting themselves against. Whether it would actually be an issue or not.... I have no idea.

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 11:08 Quote
Looking for some advice, while changing my Evo to the mullet link I managed to slip with the hex key and chew one of the bolts ( I was rushing and hadn't inserted it fully). It's still useable but looks a bit tacky. I reached out to Specialized who unsurprisingly told me to buy the full hardware kit, but at £75 here in the UK it seems a bit steep for one bolt on an otherwise new bike!
https://www.certini.co.uk/components/service-parts/specialized-blt-my21-stumpjumper-evo-carbon-bolt-kit__72379
Anyone know where you can source one? I'd happily pay a bit over the odds to get a few from the US if required. Specifically it's the link seat tube bolt M12 x 1 x 17.21
!?

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 22:27 Quote
Can someone tell me the rear shock hardware I would need for Fox x2? My Limited came with super deluxe. Thanks.

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 5:44 Quote
Mongoose-Rockadile wrote:
Can someone tell me the rear shock hardware I would need for Fox x2? My Limited came with super deluxe. Thanks.

All hardware specs are in the manual.

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 1:54 Quote
Demo860 wrote:
Hey,

Can someone with an LTD please post the serial number on their Rockshox SuperDeluxe Air shock so I can get the tune.

Cheers!
Here it is 14T14610772 210X55 LNLC380

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
Does anyone know where I can find the suspension setting for the Float X? It looks like the suspension calculator hasn’t been updated and is giving me the settings for a DPX2. Thanks.

Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 16:15 Quote
Thought I'd share an update on my bike!!

SJ Evo 21 S4

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009499
Mobile Version of Website