21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 22:59 Quote
Stumpjumper5010 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find the suspension setting for the Float X? It looks like the suspension calculator hasn’t been updated and is giving me the settings for a DPX2. Thanks.

l followed fox setup guide for the fork and same for the shock except used whatever psi I needed to get 30% sag.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:01 Quote
Stopped in at the new Specialized Squamish center….coming soon alloy stumpy evo Eek

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 8:19 Quote
calicartel wrote:
Stopped in at the new Specialized Squamish center….coming soon alloy stumpy evo Eek

nice! any pics?

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
christhebiker wrote:
calicartel wrote:

nice! any pics?

they didn't have the actual bike, just on the model lists for upcoming 22 season ? they wouldn't confirm model yr,
Couldn't even tell me when they gonna arrive...but its an alloy Evo Comp model under 5k

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 9:37 Quote
there's a 140mm travel mullet coming too. Maybe like a shorter travel Status.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 10:34 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

They have both 140 & 160 Status for demo in Squamish

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 10:39 Quote
I didn’t know it was out yet. I’d like to try that one.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

That would be counter productive for their regular Stumpjumper sales tho... I personally think 10mm of extra rear wheel travel isn't a huge jump or even necessary to offer on the evo platform, the interesting bit on this new SJ evos coming will be the price and spec of their alu versions if they actually apear.

A 4k alloy comp version with the same spec as the comp carbon would be mint! but it will probably be much heavier than the carbon version which isn't ideal if you're planning on pedalling 500+ m of elevation each day you go out riding.

All said I already have one so im not to exited for it. but I'm sure theres a good bunch of SJ fans that would like an alloy one rather than a carbon, plus at a cheaper price it would make it a great bike to swap parts right of the bat with much higher end bits to end up with a sick setup.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 13:30 Quote
RoPages wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

That would be counter productive for their regular Stumpjumper sales tho... I personally think 10mm of extra rear wheel travel isn't a huge jump or even necessary to offer on the evo platform, the interesting bit on this new SJ evos coming will be the price and spec of their alu versions if they actually apear.

A 4k alloy comp version with the same spec as the comp carbon would be mint! but it will probably be much heavier than the carbon version which isn't ideal if you're planning on pedalling 500+ m of elevation each day you go out riding.

All said I already have one so im not to exited for it. but I'm sure theres a good bunch of SJ fans that would like an alloy one rather than a carbon, plus at a cheaper price it would make it a great bike to swap parts right of the bat with much higher end bits to end up with a sick setup.

They do now offer frame only option in carbon now in Canada

https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/stumpjumper-evo-frameset/p/200003?color=321265-200003

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
Had to remind myself that those were CAD dollars. Was about to go wrap my frame in pool noodles.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 3:06 Quote
Insight on Expert vs. Comp builds? 5700€ for comp and 7400€ for expert(Talk about Canadians getting fleeced), not sure if I care about GX vs X01 or GRIP vs GRIP2. I would absolutely switch Comp dropper to OneUp V2 and get carbon wheelset with better hub for it, putting the prices pretty level. That said, if the Expert wheelset doesn't hold up then it's outright bad deal. Slight preference for Expert dark blue color but I'm also open for paint job if I get bored after few years.

Anyone put the mullet link in theirs? Does 29" still fit for ultimate highrider experience?

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
samu2106 wrote:
Insight on Expert vs. Comp builds? 5700€ for comp and 7400€ for expert(Talk about Canadians getting fleeced), not sure if I care about GX vs X01 or GRIP vs GRIP2. I would absolutely switch Comp dropper to OneUp V2 and get carbon wheelset with better hub for it, putting the prices pretty level. That said, if the Expert wheelset doesn't hold up then it's outright bad deal. Slight preference for Expert dark blue color but I'm also open for paint job if I get bored after few years.

Anyone put the mullet link in theirs? Does 29" still fit for ultimate highrider experience?

I have the Comp build and I've wrecked the wheels (rim because I blast through everything) and hub because of low quality. I'll likely be putting a X2 shock and some carbon wheels (WA1) this winter which would bring it closer to the Expert pricing.

If I did it again I'd get the same bike. Gives me some freedom to upgrade where I want.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
I got the comp and used the money I saved to buy a carbon wheelset right away. Everything else had been holding up. Planning to upgrade as things break/wear out.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 10:03 Quote
Yea, Y’all northerners get fleeced for the Expert. I was lucky enough to get the expert in ‘21 when it was a much better deal. Don’t know if I’d do it now though.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
Chief2slo wrote:
Yea, Y’all northerners get fleeced for the Expert. I was lucky enough to get the expert in ‘21 when it was a much better deal. Don’t know if I’d do it now though.

Maybe that is the reason we have the frame only option now…Comp at $6300 & expert $8500 is steep

I got the comp when was launched for $5400

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006097
Mobile Version of Website