close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 5:43 Quote
Didzy2009 wrote:
i made the mistake of a s5 at 6FT - wouldnt go back to a xl/s5 again!

now that modern geometry is getting upto speed (extra reach etc) an s4 now is the equivalent of most XL frames from less than 5 years ago

plenty plenty big enough for anyone 6ft a s4 spesh, its so much more fun easier to manouvre and dont just feel like a passenger on it

for me ill never have a xl/s5 ever again

Could not agree more. I've found my self sizing down with the new longer reach bikes. I used to ride XL in Commencal, Kona and Specialized. Now i'm on large frames pretty much through all brands.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 6:38 Quote
5'10" on a S4, and I think I'm happy with it. It's a big bike, but I was coming from nearly a decade of riding 27.5 bikes, so still getting used to the wagon wheels.

I'll have to ride an S3 and see how it feels.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 6:56 Quote
with under 100 miles on my new SJEVO, the S4 feels perfect for me, coming from a L Yeti sb130.

I'm 6'1" with a proportionately shorter wingspan, 32" inseam pants

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
Downsizing does seem to the the way forward, shame S2 only gets a 125mm dropper.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 10:10 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
5'10" on a S4, and I think I'm happy with it. It's a big bike, but I was coming from nearly a decade of riding 27.5 bikes, so still getting used to the wagon wheels.

I'll have to ride an S3 and see how it feels.

At 5.10 I feel we are really in between, I went with an S3, it's perfect for flow trails, wish I had an S4 for steeper/faster stuff sometimes.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
I'm exactly the same 5.10 on an S3, love it 95% of the time, but occasionally at a fast open bike park (which I don't ride that often) I feel like the S4 would be slightly faster.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 17:44 Quote
Question, I currently have. 21 expert evo. Love it. I found a 21 SJ expert for a killer price. Does anyone have both in their garage? Is it worth it for diff rides?
Thx.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
Got my S Works EVO together finally! Will get some better pics out on the trail.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 1:24 Quote
stunning! possibly one of the nicest ones ive seen yet, now if only it didnt have a egg shell downtube id be all over that Smile

get it protected and enjoy, one hell of a bike build that! Cool

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 5:55 Quote
kookoos wrote:
Question, I currently have. 21 expert evo. Love it. I found a 21 SJ expert for a killer price. Does anyone have both in their garage? Is it worth it for diff rides?
Thx.
I’ve got my Evo set up pretty heavy duty with DD tires, inserts, ect ect and would love to have a standard stumpy as well for more peddely days.. if you don’t use it you could alway resell it easy !

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 6:43 Quote
That’s kinda my plan!

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 14:02 Quote
Hi stumpy fans I have this up for grabs if anyone is on the market for a stumpy evo carbon s3

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3210752/

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
Anyone running the cascade link test it with the DPX2, X2 and new Float X?

Considering getting the link, wondering if it performs better with the higher volume shocks?

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
calicartel wrote:

Considering getting the link, wondering if it performs better with the higher volume shocks?
I’ve been using it with the DPX2 and it’s the best upgrade I’ve done for this bike. I wanted the evo to handle rougher riding and the link absolutely delivered. It does feel a smidge less playful tho, but that’s what I was going for.

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
I installed the cascade link and a coil shock (Ohlins) it made it a super bike!! It can handle the rough consecutive hits much better.

calicartel wrote:

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007986
Mobile Version of Website