photo

photo

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 22:29 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
New Bike Day

'22 Stumpy EVO Expert w/ upgrades
photo

Yeah!!!! Gotta' love it! Awesome lookin' bike there. StuMpJumPerZ RoooL! tup

Getting to the point of no return on the weather for me this season in the Boston area.
I think I'm putting my Stumpy away for the winter. Sad really, I wish I could get just ONE more ride in the dirt.
The HT stays as my bike if I get a chance now and then for a road ride.

That pic reminds me of the first ride of the spring. Naked trees, in the woods, a light trail ride, and all I'm thinking of on those rides is how much enjoyment I'll have waiting for the whole season again...
Cry

Looks great w/those ZEBs!

~JSV

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2021 at 6:11 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
New Bike Day

'22 Stumpy EVO Expert w/ upgrades
photo

Yeah!!!! Gotta' love it! Awesome lookin' bike there. StuMpJumPerZ RoooL! tup

Getting to the point of no return on the weather for me this season in the Boston area.
I think I'm putting my Stumpy away for the winter. Sad really, I wish I could get just ONE more ride in the dirt.
The HT stays as my bike if I get a chance now and then for a road ride.

That pic reminds me of the first ride of the spring. Naked trees, in the woods, a light trail ride, and all I'm thinking of on those rides is how much enjoyment I'll have waiting for the whole season again...
Cry

Looks great w/those ZEBs!

~JSV

Indeed, the ZEB is a necessity for me on a bike over 150mm now that I have had one.

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
Indeed, the ZEB is a necessity for me on a bike over 150mm now that I have had one.

Aye, that!

These 38 mm forks compliment the EVO really well. The 36 is definitely 250 grams lighter (that's half a pound!) but having that added tractability of a 38mm fork is just soo good. Especially when you are in the 200-210 lb crowd. LOL

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 8:00 Quote
Hi! I've just bought a 21 stumpy evo comp and making some upgrades on it. For the rear shock do you guys recommend a X2 over the stock DPX2 or to go with the Fox Float X which seem to come stock on newer models? Thanks!

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 8:43 Quote
Simann wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

Aye, that!

These 38 mm forks compliment the EVO really well. The 36 is definitely 250 grams lighter (that's half a pound!) but having that added tractability of a 38mm fork is just soo good. Especially when you are in the 200-210 lb crowd. LOL

Hey I totally get it, that frame w/those forks (ZEB) AND rider weight. I'm riding a '19 Stumpy LT FSR expert w/150 up front, but with my HT angle, my weight etc I have NO issues at all w/my PIKEs love 'em. I could see though w/the new EVO and the option it has for the slacker HT adjustment--even me I'd go up to a 36 stanchion from the 35 of the pikes.

Enjoying this thread. It's nice to see what riders are using on those.

~JSV

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
kjbn wrote:
Hi! I've just bought a 21 stumpy evo comp and making some upgrades on it. For the rear shock do you guys recommend a X2 over the stock DPX2 or to go with the Fox Float X which seem to come stock on newer models? Thanks!

I have the dpx2 with the cascade link and am happy with it although I think the floatx would be even better from what i have read.
I have had a float x2 on another bike, and if i were to upgrade, i would probably just go float x and save the money. definitely don't need a more linear feeling shock on this bike. and i don't think having the hsc adjustment is a major deal on these shocks.

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
kjbn wrote:

I have the dpx2 with the cascade link and am happy with it although I think the floatx would be even better from what i have read.
I have had a float x2 on another bike, and if i were to upgrade, i would probably just go float x and save the money. definitely don't need a more linear feeling shock on this bike. and i don't think having the hsc adjustment is a major deal on these shocks.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah the guy who sold me the bike upgraded to the Expert which came with a Float X and said it was a big difference so I was thinking about going that road unless X2 is a better and noticeable upgrade. Otherwise I would just go with the Float X

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 10:03 Quote
Does anyone have an actual picture of what the frame only option in the SATIN RED ONYX / BLACK looks like? Considering it but would like actual pictures instead of what’s on specialized site.

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
Eorios wrote:
Does anyone have an actual picture of what the frame only option in the SATIN RED ONYX / BLACK looks like? Considering it but would like actual pictures instead of what’s on specialized site.

Here you go:
photo
photo

Wrapped it in Invisiframe foil and it looks even nicer!

photo

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 17:24 Quote
ndelic wrote:
Eorios wrote:

Here you go:
photo
photo

Wrapped it in Invisiframe foil and it looks even nicer!

photo

Awesome thanks for those. I thought it was more of a purple than that. Did you use a gloss wrap on it?

Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
Got bored, did a video on how to upgrade the ratchet on the 370 hubs

Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 16:54 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Awesome, thanks. It would sure be nice if they’d just offer the upgrade kit with the 54t ratchets. As it stands, it’s $105 for the conversion kit, $140 for the 54t upgrade and $30 for installation.

Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 20:45 Quote
Pro tip; give those ratchet springs a little tug (make them a bit longer) when you have it apart.

It will increase the engagement force and make them less likely to slip and chip, which is quite common especially when going to 36t or 54t as the teeth themselves are mush shorter that the 18t. Beer

Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
bentin wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Awesome, thanks. It would sure be nice if they’d just offer the upgrade kit with the 54t ratchets. As it stands, it’s $105 for the conversion kit, $140 for the 54t upgrade and $30 for installation.

How do you mean? Mine was literally just the 54T ratchet kit for the 370 LN hubs. I guess if you have the previous generation on 370 you'd need the ratchet conversion?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010970
Mobile Version of Website