21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 10:53 Quote
JoshFriday wrote:
Is there any info available yet on the mullet link? I haven't been able to come up with anything.

Yeah I have just installed one. $60 took a few days to arrive. Works great. 10 minute install.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:
JoshFriday wrote:
Is there any info available yet on the mullet link? I haven't been able to come up with anything.

Yeah I have just installed one. $60 took a few days to arrive. Works great. 10 minute install.

Order from retailers.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
JoshFriday wrote:

Not that I can find either. Hopefully it’ll show up before the parks open up..

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
Chief2slo wrote:
JoshFriday wrote:

https://webshop.bestbike.de/us/shocklink-my21-sj-evo-carbon-and-sj-alloy-shocklin.html

Got mine here no problem but I’ve heard of people ordering before me that still don’t have theirs. Looks like there’s two in stock right now. Sign up for notifications if they’re sold out, that’s what I did. Seem to restock fairly often.

Cheers

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 13:53 Quote
Xhellcat wrote:
Chief2slo wrote:
JoshFriday wrote:

https://webshop.bestbike.de/us/shocklink-my21-sj-evo-carbon-and-sj-alloy-shocklin.html

Got mine here no problem but I’ve heard of people ordering before me that still don’t have theirs. Looks like there’s two in stock right now. Sign up for notifications if they’re sold out, that’s what I did. Seem to restock fairly often.

Cheers

Weird, I just ordered it from the LBS when I picked up the frame and had it in 3 days.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
Weird, I just ordered it from the LBS when I picked up the frame and had it in 3 days.[/Quote]

Sweet, had not seen that they were available in the US yet

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
Anyone with the new evo have ride time on the previous version with a cascade link? Just wondering how the suspension compares.
Thanks

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
crytz347 wrote:
Anyone with the new evo have ride time on the previous version with a cascade link? Just wondering how the suspension compares.
Thanks
I'm curious to hear about this too. On paper the kinematics of the new Evo look almost identical to the previous version with Cascade Link.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 12:56 Quote
Thought id share some thoughts after a few rides on a custom Evo S3 with mullet link. Pic attached.

Internal Cable Routing is the simplest I have ever used, until it isnt. If the factory fitted nylon internal cables come loose, its a nightmare to get it all back in line, so be careful with the rear brake line!

Mullet link works great, takes 10 minutes.

Dropper post - I have a One Up 180mm dropper which will go about 25mm from fully inserted. (On an S3.)

3M wrap. Ridewrap make one, but due to all the curves on the frame is fairly tricky. (Ive installed a few and this one was a doozy.)

Running a 30T ring on eagle and the chain runs super close to the chainstay protector. So instead, took that off, installed an STFU and it works perfectly. COMPLETELY silent.

Headtube inserts, grease them a little, will creak after a while without.

Suspension recommendations in the ST Evo booklet are a really good starting point.

The ST Evo booklet has all the important information, torques, cable routing etc etc, but cant find it anywhere online, so dont lose it!

Went from a V4 Nomad (with cascade link) to this and so far am VERY impressed. Punches way above its travel.

More to come . .

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 13:22 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:

Suspension recommendations in the ST Evo booklet are a really good starting point.

The ST Evo booklet has all the important information, torques, cable routing etc etc, but cant find it anywhere online, so dont lose it!

They have it available to download here https://support.specialized.com/home/stumpjumper-evo/service-maintenance/manuals-technical-information

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 13:36 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:
Thought id share some thoughts after a few rides on a custom Evo S3 with mullet link. Pic attached.

Internal Cable Routing is the simplest I have ever used, until it isnt. If the factory fitted nylon internal cables come loose, its a nightmare to get it all back in line, so be careful with the rear brake line!

Dropper post - I have a One Up 180mm dropper which will go about 25mm from fully inserted. (On an S3.)

3M wrap. Ridewrap make one, but due to all the curves on the frame is fairly tricky. (Ive installed a few and this one was a doozy.)

Running a 30T ring on eagle and the chain runs super close to the chainstay protector. So instead, took that off, installed an STFU and it works perfectly. COMPLETELY silent.

Went from a V4 Nomad (with cascade link) to this and so far am VERY impressed. Punches way above its travel.

More to come . .

Thanks for the write up! About to install ride wrap tomorrow and not looking forward to it... Just curious, what rise bars did you put on?

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 14:09 Quote
coop08 wrote:
noplacelikeloam wrote:

More to come . .

Thanks for the write up! About to install ride wrap tomorrow and not looking forward to it... Just curious, what rise bars did you put on?

Those are 35mm rise Next R on a 35/35 stem. Works well!

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 9:47 Quote
WalrusRider wrote:
crytz347 wrote:
Thanks
I'm curious to hear about this too. On paper the kinematics of the new Evo look almost identical to the previous version with Cascade Link.

Curious about this as well. Anybody have first hand experience? Very confused Very confused

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 17:12 Quote
Any shock recommendations? Didn't love the dpx2 on my 19 evo. Is the float worth it?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
I have a dhx2 on my 19 for bigger hit days, it completely changed the bike. Kept the rear stuck to the ground. Also kept it higher when pedaling. Super fast! I took out the 5mm spacer for my 21. Was 210x50 now 210x55. Excited to try it !

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011542
Mobile Version of Website