Ibis Ripley V4 vs Yeti Sb130 (climbing)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Ibis Ripley V4 vs Yeti Sb130 (climbing)
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 20:09 Quote
I have a 2019 Yeti sb130 and am considering getting an Ibis Ripley V4. Anyone have any idea on the difference in climbing?

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 5:22 Quote
Why do you want to swap the Yeti for an Ibis?

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 8:03 Quote
I focus more on climbing, but want the bike to be capable enough to handle something rowdy. I watched a lot of YouTube videos about how each bike is the most efficient climber with the perfect geometry. Just want to get the opinion of people that rode both.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 8:20 Quote
I'm almost certain the Yeti will be the better climber, and you akready own it anway. If you have the money for the PUSH 11/6 you can tune the second position as a climb switch like on my sb165, it's great because it firms things up a lot to improve pedalling but still has enough give to absorb bumps unlike traditional shocks with a lockout... Not to mention fitting any coil in general will make it pedal better due to increased midstroke support, offer much better small bump comfort and traction and overall just improve the bikes dh ability too. If you are scared of adding weight maybe look at the cane creek inline coil?
Even if hypothetically the Ibis did climb better it wouldn't be night and day over the Yeti, but having owned a few Yetis I would have to guess the Yeti is the better climber.

Take a look at the linkagedesign blog and compare the two bikes in antisquat ect, that should give you a guide on which bike is better kinematically for climbing.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 8:33 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
I'm almost certain the Yeti will be the better climber, and you akready own it anway. If you have the money for the PUSH 11/6 you can tune the second position as a climb switch like on my sb165, it's great because it firms things up a lot to improve pedalling but still has enough give to absorb bumps unlike traditional shocks with a lockout... Not to mention fitting any coil in general will make it pedal better due to increased midstroke support, offer much better small bump comfort and traction and overall just improve the bikes dh ability too. If you are scared of adding weight maybe look at the cane creek inline coil?
Even if hypothetically the Ibis did climb better it wouldn't be night and day over the Yeti, but having owned a few Yetis I would have to guess the Yeti is the better climber.

Take a look at the linkagedesign blog and compare the two bikes in antisquat ect, that should give you a guide on which bike is better kinematically for climbing.

I agree with this. But if you have the money you can build a Ripley in the 24lbs range. In that case I would give the nod to the Ripley for climbing. Either way the yeti is way more capable on the downhill. It rides better than my 160mm Rocky Mountain up and down.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005280
Mobile Version of Website