Farley 5 tubeless help!?

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Farley 5 tubeless help!?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 3:07 Quote
I have a 2020 trek Farley 5 with gnarwhal 27.5x4.5 tubeless ready tyres....how “tubeless ready” are they? I’m new to tubeless tyres so unsure where to start....is it a case of just buying the fluid and removing the tube or is there anything else required?

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 7:51 Quote
You need to seal the rim with rim tape (or other sealing method for tubeless) and use a tubeless valve.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 5:07 Quote
As Mike mentioned. apply either Gorilla tape or Fatty Strips to the inside of the wheel over the spokes, install a tubeless valve stem, slip the tire on and fill it with your favorite tubeless goop. I personally run Finish Line in our fat bikes and Stans in my MTN bike. Both get the job done.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Thanks guys!! Gonna get it sorted soon, saves my carrying a spare tube fit for a tractor lol

Posted: 18 hours ago Quote
It’s easiest to put the tape on, then inflate with tubes, then remove one side bead only to remove the tube, add install the tubeless valves, and then either ass your sealant and then fit the bead, or fit the bead and use a syringe to add sealant w/ the valve core removed. A compressor makes it quick but a
floor pump, esp. one made for tubeless inflation also works well too.

Posted: 46 mins ago Quote
Good tip above. Use the tube to help seat the bead and I believe it helps seat the tape to the rim. I left mine overnight and then removed tube and added goop. Tubeless also doesn’t necessarily mean no flats. I carry a spare tube as it beats pushing or carrying. That said, I haven’t had a flat since going tubeless several years ago.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005001
Mobile Version of Website