Micro Spline? Upgrading from 1x10 to 1x12-

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Micro Spline? Upgrading from 1x10 to 1x12-
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
Hey Everyone,

I'm only a year into the sport mechanical wise- and im ambitious enough to upgrade my 2016 giant trance to updated components.

I was listening to a podcast by pinkbike and they mentioned the new shimano 1x12 group set requires a micro spline..

Can anyone quickly inform me of what id be looking at component wise- and if this is even possible?

( i am looking at videos as I write this im not looking for an easy way out- just a way to understand)

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 7:36 Quote
If there is a microspline freehub body available for your rear hub, you can swap that. If not, you would need to replace the rear hub with one that has a microspline freehub.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
JB993 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I'm only a year into the sport mechanical wise- and im ambitious enough to upgrade my 2016 giant trance to updated components.

I was listening to a podcast by pinkbike and they mentioned the new shimano 1x12 group set requires a micro spline..

Can anyone quickly inform me of what id be looking at component wise- and if this is even possible?

( i am looking at videos as I write this im not looking for an easy way out- just a way to understand)

It depends on what hub you have. If you can swap your free hub for a new micro spline you can do that. More likely you will need an entirely new hub. Do you know what hub you have on the back?

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 9:08 Quote
There are 12 speed cassettes that use the older HG style freehub. For example this:
https://www.jensonusa.com/Sunrace-CSMZ80-12-Speed-Cassette

This will work just fine with a shimano setup.

OR just get shimano 11 speed.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
What fabris said.

Posted: 2 hours ago Quote
Okay awesome thanks!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004840
Mobile Version of Website