No Vaccine No Travel international racers

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
No Vaccine No Travel international racers
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
Qantas are the first but others set to follow suit from news articles, if you race internationally and flying is the go to option you may have no choice but to accept the vaccine.
Just a heads up, pros cons leave that to other media to argue but racing and long haul bike travel no choice incoming.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 16:30 Quote
How does global totalitarianism taste?

The mDNA in the vaccine is the first ever nanotechnology used in a vaccine. The mDNA must be stored at an unheard of never before -70 degrees. When the vaccine becomes room temperature, as when injected, the mDNA fragments and can bond with any cell not necessarily the target. Britain is getting ready for +100,000’s patients getting unforeseen side effects and deaths from the vaccine. Mutations are a guarantee, not an if. Humans will no longer be human. A couple generations of this and our species is extinct.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 16:52 Quote
Double layer of tin foil up in here....lol

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
That is not how vaccines work. At all. No one who is capable of developing a vaccine is so insane or incompetent as to cause the extinction of the human race. Vaccines have been around for a century and haven't caused unchecked mutations and destruction of the human race. Before we had vaccinations, people would intentionally expose young children to sick people because people are less likely to suffer severe effects from most diseases if exposed when young than when older. This is a primitive form of vaccination. Instead of using a needle, they injected the pathogens directly into the lungs via inhalation - the natural way, but not fundamentally different from a needle.

Some people identify the use of adjuvants as the source of the problem. Again, this is nothing new. Early "vaccinations" involved taking the pus from an infected person's sores and rubbing them into a wound. It was discovered that adding dirt into the wound would increase the immunity without increasing the infection. That's an adjuvant. The thimerosal in some modern adjuvants is often identified as a "toxin" and dangerous. The amount of mercury in a vaccination's adjuvant is less than eating a portion of salmon, so let's not blow it out of proportion.

Exposure to pathogens alters our DNA. That's how animals work - always has been. We meet an enemy and we learn, at a genetic level, how to identify it and neutralize it. Just as our brain would make a mental note, our genes make a chemical note. It's a good thing - and a natural thing.

If we don't get vaccinated, we'll eventually get exposed to the virus. Either way, we're getting exposed. Wouldn't it be ideal if we could be exposed to something a little milder than the virus? Like studying an enemy without having to actually meet them in combat. That's what vaccines are all about. We've modeled the viral genetics and labs have experimented with exposing cells to pieces of the viral genes to determine the minimum, and least dangerous, portions of viral genes that can still teach our immune system how to recognize the virus. It doesn't turn us into some non-human mutants, it turns us into us with one extra skill, i.e. the ability to recognize and quickly neutralize COVID-19. We're all going to have to "learn" that skill eventually, and I'd rather learn it from a "simulation" (vaccine) than through a real-deal infection.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 19:58 Quote
Snake-Plisskin wrote:

The mDNA in the vaccine is the first ever nanotechnology used in a vaccine. The mDNA must be stored at an unheard of never before -70 degrees. When the vaccine becomes room temperature, as when injected, the mDNA fragments and can bond with any cell not necessarily the target. Britain is getting ready for +100,000’s patients getting unforeseen side effects and deaths from the vaccine. Mutations are a guarantee, not an if. Humans will no longer be human. A couple generations of this and our species is extinct.

Im a biochemist so this just hurts. My fellow countrymen are just so stupid. I get its not this guys fault--more the fault of our inept education system. But still this is just depressing. Dude just said "mDNA" and "unheard of never before -70 degrees".

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 0:39 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
That is not how vaccines work. At all. No one who is capable of developing a vaccine is so insane or incompetent as to cause the extinction of the human race. Vaccines have been around for a century and haven't caused unchecked mutations and destruction of the human race. Before we had vaccinations, people would intentionally expose young children to sick people because people are less likely to suffer severe effects from most diseases if exposed when young than when older. This is a primitive form of vaccination. Instead of using a needle, they injected the pathogens directly into the lungs via inhalation - the natural way, but not fundamentally different from a needle.

Some people identify the use of adjuvants as the source of the problem. Again, this is nothing new. Early "vaccinations" involved taking the pus from an infected persons sores and rubbing them into a wound. It was discovered that adding dirt into the wound would increase the immunity without increasing the infection. That's an adjuvant. The thiomersal in some modern adjuvants is often identified as a "toxin" and highly dangerous. The amount of mercury in a vaccination's adjuvant is less than eating a portion of salmon, so let's not blow it out of proportion.

Exposure to pathogens alters our DNA. That's how animals work - always has been. We meet an enemy and we learn, at a genetic level, how to identify it and neutralize it. Just as our brain would make a mental note, our genes make a chemical note. It's a good thing - and a natural thing.

If we don't get vaccinated, we'll eventually get exposed to the virus. Either way, we're getting exposed. Wouldn't it be ideal if we could be exposed to something a little milder than the virus? Like studying an enemy without having to actually meet them in combat. That's what vaccines are all about. We've modeled the viral genetics and labs have experimented with exposing cells to pieces of the viral genes to determine the minimum, and least dangerous, portions of viral genes that can still teach our immune system how to recognize the virus. It doesn't turn us into some non-human mutants, it turns us into us, with one extra skill, i.e. the ability to recognize and quickly neutralize COVID-19. We're all going to have to "learn" that skill eventually, and I'd rather learn it from a "simulation" (vaccine) than through a real-deal infection.

Nicely written! kudos

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 8:52 Quote
I'll be having the vaccine when it's available without question. Conspiracy theories are in overdrive. Those people would call me a Sheep, but does it make you a 'free thinker' by listening to anonymous guys wearing masks on the internet? I tend not to base these decisions on what I see in a Hollywood movie.

I'll take my chances with tried and tested medical science to inject me with real things not microscopic robots that are pure science fiction. The Gov. don't need to inject me with a tracking device, I carry a mobile phone.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
It's always been fascinating to me that science has gotten us this far, yet increasing numbers of people are buying in to baseless conspiracy theories and crazy talk.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
We have huge issues now with measles because of the alleged link of the MMR vaccine to autism. Immunity is so low in some areas that we have clusters of cases, all because sensational journalism and idiots on social media went hysterical. The resulting impact of people not then vaccinating their children has been clear to see but time and time again these stories break and take hold, just like a virus as people jump on the bandwagon.

There are more anti-vax conspiracies than ever, mostly down to lunatics on social media and they are a growing problem. Politicians have not helped with incompetence and lies.

I think that the game changer will be countries not allowing travellers to enter if they are not vaccinated. That will force the issue particularly if it is popular holiday destinations.

The sad thing is that many screaming for hard lockdowns also appear to not trust a vaccine. Just what do people think is going to happen?

Common sense and taking responsibility appear to be attributes missing from large numbers of the UK population having seen what has been going on the last 6 months. Due to her job, my wife will be in the first tranche, given what they have had to contend with this cannot come soon enough.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 12:03 Quote
People mistrust vaccines because few remember life before vaccines. More than a century ago, it was common for a family to have a child or two die from infectious diseases. What we now consider a tragedy was once normal.

COVID-19 is not a particularly virulent disease. I'm not one of the fools claiming it's "the flu", but it has nowhere near the virulence of smallpox or the transmissibility of measles. We're damned lucky we're getting this wake-up call with an easy one. Imagine if ebola mutated to have airborne transmission! We would be living in an apocalyptic sci-fi movie in matter of weeks. COVID-19 may be a blessing in disguise if it increases our preparedness for something more serious.

Most politicians who downplay COVID-19 are not uninformed, they're lying - and it's strategic. The same officials who say it will be gone in a few weeks sold off or shorted millions in stocks: they knew it was going to be serious. Transcripts of private discussions show even Trump saying he knew it was serious and the death toll would be huge. Politicians aren't as stupid as they appear. They're doing it to:

1. Create rifts in the public that cause many people to become firmly entrenched into one side or the other.
2. Create distrust of the media, so when the inevitable fallout happens, people distrust the media and even their own eyes.
3. Give people a sense of comfort and draw distressed voters toward the side giving the comforting, "everything is fine" message.

It's difficult to embrace messages of pandemics and climate catastrophe, even for those who suspect it's true, and it's comforting to run into the arms of someone offering what amounts to headphones and VR goggles that allow you to hear and see a more pleasant world. That's why we romanticize the past, harbour "golden age" fallacies, and desire to make the world as great as it (never) was again.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 11:31 Quote
pssrrgg wrote:
Snake-Plisskin wrote:

Im a biochemist so this just hurts. My fellow countrymen are just so stupid. I get its not this guys fault--more the fault of our inept education system. But still this is just depressing. Dude just said "mDNA" and "unheard of never before -70 degrees".

You have a problem with mDNA? Or do you dispute this is the first vaccine containing it? Maybe you dispute that it is the coldest storage ever used for a vaccine. Maybe it is that fact the mDNA chain will disconnect at room temps?

mDNA for those that never heard of it.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3349520/

Anticipating millions of side effects in government documents. Publicly they say it’s safe and mandatory for your health passport.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2020/11/05/u-k-a-i-covid-19-vaccinations-side-effects/amp/

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 11:36 Quote
Snake-Plisskin wrote:

he's right. this is how Bill Gates is getting the 5G tracking device into your system. I for one welcome our New World Overlords.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
CDC proposes concentration camps in America, plans to invade homes and separate families

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-11-25-cdc-proposes-concentration-camps-in-america.html

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 12:22 Quote
Your statements are correct, but it seems clear your interpretations are problematic.

Snake-Plisskin wrote:
Maybe it is that fact the mDNA chain will disconnect at room temps?

Genetic material "disconnects" inside us all the time. That's what happens to DNA, mDNA, RNA, etc. when you cook it, when you digest it - even when your own cells die a natural death and are recycled. This is fine! It's possible the material in a vaccine is less stable than some other vaccines - this is also fine! It's not going to break down in a way that causes horrible mutations in your body. That would be like your bike breaking down and turning into a boat! Nope, it just gradually breaks down and doesn't work as well, which would make the vaccine less effective, but not dangerous.

Snake-Plisskin wrote:
Anticipating millions of side effects in government documents.

Again, this is true, but that doesn't mean it's bad. "Side effects" are usually benign things like headache, mild fever, tenderness at the injection site, dry mouth, etc. You know what else has "side effects"? Getting the disease after opting out of the vaccination due to misunderstandings! I'll gladly take a mild fever over permanent lung damage.

Here's the quote you were likely referring to:

bigquotesThe regulator told the Financial Times that, based on its previous experience with vaccination campaigns, it would expect that, over a six- to 12-month period, there might be 50,000 to 100,000 reports of suspicious side effects for every 100 million doses injected.

It was either a typo, poor grammar, or intent to mislead to write "suspected" instead of "suspicious". The former refers to an effect that may be attributed to, in this case, a COVID-19 vaccine; the latter suggests nefarious will or action from a non-sentient vaccine.

In any case, those numbers indicate a 1-in-2000 to 1-in-1000 chance of "side effects", which, as discussed, are likely to be mild. That's a hell of a lot less scary than a greater than 3-in-4 chance of contracting the disease without a vaccine!

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
Qantas are the first but others set to follow suit from news articles, if you race internationally and flying is the go to option you may have no choice but to accept the vaccine.
Just a heads up, pros cons leave that to other media to argue but racing and long haul bike travel no choice incoming.

Fortunately, VERY easy to get papers...with or without this experiment on society. In the US SCOTUS would (rightly) shoot the policy down in seconds (doubt it would last that long in the courts)

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011044
Mobile Version of Website