Zeb ultimate vs fox 38 fore aft stiffness

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Zeb ultimate vs fox 38 fore aft stiffness
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
Thanks for your replies. You are spot on with that, the one I rode today was the exact same, compression adjustment did nothing at all

I was only referring to the to stiffness/ feel of the structure of them as I will be buying the ultimate for sure. I only had access to the select and performance to test unfortunately

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 7:59 Quote
Is that true the select doesn't come with the same SKF seals, I thought I did? Only thought the paintjob and damper is different.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Is that true the select doesn't come with the same SKF seals, I thought I did? Only thought the paintjob and damper is different.

I was under the impression the Select Zeb and Lyrik do not have the SKF seals. Only Select+ and Ultimate

https://www.sram.com/en/rockshox/models/fs-zeb-selp-a1
https://www.sram.com/en/rockshox/models/fs-zeb-sel-a1

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 8:34 Quote
I'm just going off what it says here.

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/rockshox-zeb-select-27.5-debon-air-tapered-boost-983221

According to a guy I spoke to who tunes suspension the black seals in the zeb are the same as the green SKF seals just black instead but tbh I can't say they are the smoothest seals I've ever used. Racingbros seem better.

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 0:35 Quote
Update- the zeb ultimate is so good in every way

I still haven’t tested a factory 38 to compare, but the zeb compared to a 36 is night and day difference. Solid as hell and transforms the bike completely

I always knew I was holding back with the 36 in certain situations because it felt like it was going to fold underneath me but I didn’t realise how bad it was until trying the zeb in the same situations. There is none of that feeling at all it’s just solid, straight and direct

I don’t think anyone would be disappointed. I didn’t notice the little bit of extra weight at all either but it wouldn’t matter if I did, definitely worth the sacrifice

I was also surprised that it matched up to my rear suspension so well too, I was thinking I would have to upgrade the dpx2 as soon as the zeb went on because it would be way out of whack and under damped compared to the front but it’s actually a really good combination. The front and rear feel so lively and even, somehow they compliment each other

I had been planning to upgrade the rear shock for months leading up to this as well but it will be staying for now

Hopefully someone finds this helpful Smile

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 2:09 Quote
Yea it does match the rear very well, I'm running a 180mm ZEB up front and a 165mm PUSH 11/6 outback and there honestly isn't much difference I imagine the ZEB with a Smashpot coil would be the bees knees.

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Yea it does match the rear very well, I'm running a 180mm ZEB up front and a 165mm PUSH 11/6 outback and there honestly isn't much difference I imagine the ZEB with a Smashpot coil would be the bees knees.

What bike do you have that on?

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Sb165

Nice! Have you posted a pic of the bike anywhere?

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 12:32 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
Sb165

Nice! Have you posted a pic of the bike anywhere?

No not yet, not even took any of it myself, I would take a few pics but the front end is stripped atm as I've decided to send my ZEB lowers off for a change of colour, hopefully will have them back in a few weeks, luckily the weather is so crap here in the uk though that I'm not exactly desperate to get back on it atm haha so I'm happy to wait.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005314
Mobile Version of Website