2021 Epic Evo Hype

PB Forum :: Specialized
2021 Epic Evo Hype
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 15:02 Quote
I'm rolling the dice and put down a deposit for an Epic Evo Comp. I want it to compliment my XC Pivot LES SS as a pedal friendly and but still capable bike.

Epic Evo owners, Is all the hype with this bike real? I really haven't seen or heard of anything negative about it...

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 21:23 Quote
I did the same. I started with an Epic Evo Comp intending to replace my Ibis Ripley. I've loved the Ripley. I have about 100 miles on the Epic Evo. I've ridden a a couple of long XC style rides (30+ miles) and I've ridden some pretty aggressive trails. I should also mention that I've tried the Stepcast 34 on it and just went over to a Sid Ultimate fork. It's been a really fun bike that's quite capable. It's not quite a Ripley in capability, but it is just as fun. It is light, fast and it's surprisingly capable. To my eyes the Ripley is prettier. I don't think you'll regret it, but I don't know what you are coming from. It's a great bike.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
AKAKTM wrote:
I did the same. I started with an Epic Evo Comp intending to replace my Ibis Ripley. I've loved the Ripley. I have about 100 miles on the Epic Evo. I've ridden a a couple of long XC style rides (30+ miles) and I've ridden some pretty aggressive trails. I should also mention that I've tried the Stepcast 34 on it and just went over to a Sid Ultimate fork. It's been a really fun bike that's quite capable. It's not quite a Ripley in capability, but it is just as fun. It is light, fast and it's surprisingly capable. To my eyes the Ripley is prettier. I don't think you'll regret it, but I don't know what you are coming from. It's a great bike.

Thanks for insight! I've been riding hardtails for awhile, with my "trail" bike being a Kona Honzo. The Honzo did the trick, but it was beating me up on more aggressive rocky trails. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Epic Evo, I hope it'll be a smooth transition.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004945
Mobile Version of Website