Vittoria tyre combo

• Previous Page
Posted: Dec 2, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
Hello,

anyone running Vittoria tires atm and if so which combo you are running? I am thinking Of mazza enduro front and martello enduro as a rear tyre. Would that be good combo or is there any better combo from them ? Trails i we have are mixed, with dust, rocks, mud,..

thank you

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
I have had a Mazza/Matello combo for most of the summer this year and it has been great. I had the 2.6 trail casing versions (they are quite narrow for 2.6) and ran Vittoria Air Liner insert in the Martello on the rear. I am not a very aggressive rider, altough I can be more aggressive on local trails that I know and ride alot (and I weigh 110 kg so there is that as well) . I also had Mazza Trail fron and Mazza Enduro for the rear for bike parks, but I switched to Martello for a little less rolling resistance and it has been solid with the insert.

Tyres have been great, but I do find them to not be so great in the wet (altough that is debatable depending on the trail), I have swaped to Continental der Baron front and rear for the wet season, Baron really shines in wet IMHO Smile

Another option that is worth to try IMHO is Hutchinson Griffus, it is really great all-round tyre.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
meebo wrote:
Hello,

anyone running Vittoria tires atm and if so which combo you are running? I am thinking Of mazza enduro front and martello enduro as a rear tyre. Would that be good combo or is there any better combo from them ? Trails i we have are mixed, with dust, rocks, mud,..

thank you

I literally just bought this combo but I'm building the wheels they'll be mounted to next week. So can't report on how they ride yet. I got both of them in the enduro casing. Mazza in 2.4" and Martello in 2.35".

The tires feel extremely solid and high quality compared to the Maxxix DHF in 3C EXO casing. Can't wait to ride them!!!

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 18:34 Quote
I just tested a double-Martello setup for a review, and I really loved the Martello as a front tire. I tested the 2.6", which is more like a 2.45" or so. It was super grippy and actually rolled a lot faster than I expected. They're pretty heavy, but I wouldn't worry about that, especially if you put something like the Agarro on the back, which is probably my next plan!

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 1:41 Quote
stingray5 wrote:
I have had a Mazza/Matello combo for most of the summer this year and it has been great. I had the 2.6 trail casing versions (they are quite narrow for 2.6) and ran Vittoria Air Liner insert in the Martello on the rear. I am not a very aggressive rider, altough I can be more aggressive on local trails that I know and ride alot (and I weigh 110 kg so there is that as well) . I also had Mazza Trail fron and Mazza Enduro for the rear for bike parks, but I switched to Martello for a little less rolling resistance and it has been solid with the insert.

Tyres have been great, but I do find them to not be so great in the wet (altough that is debatable depending on the trail), I have swaped to Continental der Baron front and rear for the wet season, Baron really shines in wet IMHO Smile

Another option that is worth to try IMHO is Hutchinson Griffus, it is really great all-round tyre.

Thank you. I am looking to buy new tyres but i am keeping thinking "man i hope they are better combo than magic mary/big betty".

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 2:04 Quote
I had Mota/ Martello enduro casing last winter. Very sturdy tires especially wit enduro casing. Then during summer I swapped the Martello to the front and Morsa enduro to the rear. Martello/Morsa is the best combo on dry weather I’ve ever had. Rolls very fast and has plentt of grip. I ordered 2.6 Mazza trails to the both ends now. Lets see how they roll after I get my new bike.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 0:39 Quote
meebo wrote:
stingray5 wrote:

Thank you. I am looking to buy new tyres but i am keeping thinking "man i hope they are better combo than magic mary/big betty".

That is interesting... I run MM ultrasoft /BB soft on my bike park wheelset and other that they are heavy (SG version) I really like the grip in everything I tried them. Why didn't you like them?

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 1:11 Quote
stingray5 wrote:
meebo wrote:
stingray5 wrote:

That is interesting... I run MM ultrasoft /BB soft on my bike park wheelset and other that they are heavy (SG version) I really like the grip in everything I tried them. Why didn't you like them?

I think you missunderstood me. I am trying to try new brand of tyres but problem is i like too much MM/BB setup to even try new combo. I wanted to try Kenda etc etc but than i always end up buying schwalbe tyres again.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 1:44 Quote
meebo wrote:
stingray5 wrote:
meebo wrote:

I think you missunderstood me. I am trying to try new brand of tyres but problem is i like too much MM/BB setup to even try new combo. I wanted to try Kenda etc etc but than i always end up buying schwalbe tyres again.

Oooooh I get it Razz Sorry! Smile
I think that Mazza/Martello combo will be great for more dry season, Mazza has brutal grip IMHO on drier conditions and Martello in the rear is a little drifty so it is easier to break traction and slide it around in the corners.

I think you won't regret it Smile

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 2:18 Quote
stingray5 wrote:
meebo wrote:
stingray5 wrote:

Oooooh I get it Razz Sorry! Smile
I think that Mazza/Martello combo will be great for more dry season, Mazza has brutal grip IMHO on drier conditions and Martello in the rear is a little drifty so it is easier to break traction and slide it around in the corners.

I think you won't regret it Smile

And how will martello be for wet season ? Like begining of march or april ? A bit to slippery ?

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
I think it will be fine as long as it's not full on mud... but as I said... I really like Continental der Baron for wet season, grip on wet rocks and roots is outstanding IMHO.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
I've tested the 2.6" Martello front and rear. As others have said, the casing is narrow. The more serious issue is the tread is narrow: for me, it was okay on a 30 mm rim, but unsuitable as a front tire on a wider rim.

If your rims aren't too wide, a good combination would be a Martello on the rear and either Martello or Mazza on the front; the former if your trails are fairly packed and the latter if they're soft or loose.

Posted: May 22, 2023 at 8:26 Quote
Hi,
The recently ordered VITTORIA MAZZA ENDURO RACE for the rear and VITTORIA MARTELLO ENDURO RACE for the front arrived. Let's see what kind of combo it is.
Of course, the expectation was that I would go fasters than my neighbor on the enduro trails

Posted: May 22, 2023 at 10:09 Quote
Lappte wrote:
Hi,
The recently ordered VITTORIA MAZZA ENDURO RACE for the rear and VITTORIA MARTELLO ENDURO RACE for the front arrived. Let's see what kind of combo it is.
Of course, the expectation was that I would go fasters than my neighbor on the enduro trails
You should flip that around. Mazza is more of a front tire. I find the Martello washes out on the front on anything other than hard pack, I think it'd make better as a rear tire.

Posted: May 22, 2023 at 10:59 Quote
Ok, thanks for your opinion. However, I have ordered Mullet for my bike 29x2.6 Martello race and rear 27.5x2.6 mazza race and I am in a hurry to get the package home so I can Shred the new kom time’s in strava

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012262
Mobile Version of Website