26" dh wheels

PB Forum :: Downhill
26" dh wheels
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 19:29 Quote
I have a 2014 Trek session 88 and dinged the rear rim pretty good but I was able to get mostly true. Searched a bit for a new wheel and having a hard time finding anything since it's 26" wheel. The bike is still solid but now I'm wondering if I should consider a new bike instead of continuing to invest in a 6+ year old dh bike. Any suggestions on where to find 26" dh wheels?

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 20:09 Quote
csharp1171 wrote:
I have a 2014 Trek session 88 and dinged the rear rim pretty good but I was able to get mostly true. Searched a bit for a new wheel and having a hard time finding anything since it's 26" wheel. The bike is still solid but now I'm wondering if I should consider a new bike instead of continuing to invest in a 6+ year old dh bike. Any suggestions on where to find 26" dh wheels?

Spank Spike Race 33 in 26” on eBay and Amazon.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 6:54 Quote
Duh! Didn't think about just searching for a rim. I was searching for a built wheel. Just ordered 2 rims so I can build one and have a spare. Long live the 26!

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
DT SWISS do all sizes, as all sizes are still needed.

https://www.dtswiss.com/en/components/rims-mtb/free-ride/fr-560

https://www.dtswiss.com/en/components/rims-mtb/enduro/533d

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
csharp1171 wrote:
Duh! Didn't think about just searching for a rim. I was searching for a built wheel. Just ordered 2 rims so I can build one and have a spare. Long live the 26!

Nice!

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
Hope also does complete wheels in 26 still

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 21:11 Quote
brdfrb wrote:

Last year I bought a complete wheels set of Spank Race 28's from bike24.com. They were on very good discount.
But I just did a check on their website, they not having them anymore. When I was looking for a wheelset I think only this bike24.com and another website selling them new.

26" are slowly dying, I have been struggling to keep my 26" up and running.
As long as it aren't wheel related things you be fine.

I converted my 26" to a mullet setup (27.5" front and 26" back), but my bike also can fit a 27.5" wheel if I put it in long chain stay mode.

Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
brdfrb wrote:

Last year I bought a complete wheels set of Spank Race 28's from bike24.com. They were on very good discount.
But I just did a check on their website, they not having them anymore. When I was looking for a wheelset I think only this bike24.com and another website selling them new.

26" are slowly dying, I have been struggling to keep my 26" up and running.
As long as it aren't wheel related things you be fine.

I converted my 26" to a mullet setup (27.5" front and 26" back), but my bike also can fit a 27.5" wheel if I put it in long chain stay mode.

I ment HOPE as in the manufacturersSmile they still make wheels

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 5:44 Quote
Finding complete wheels in 26" is def becoming more difficult, but rim availability (minus our current COVID situation OFC) seems to still be pretty decent. It's not like they completely stopped making/selling bikes with 26" wheels. I mean look at all the DJ bikes, and intermediate/kids bikes that still run 26". A DT ex471 should be more than plenty for anyone.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005579
Mobile Version of Website