Specialized Sirrus X 5 vs Trek FX Sport 5

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Specialized Sirrus X 5 vs Trek FX Sport 5
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 10:37 Quote
Considering one of these two bikes. I have a prejudice against Trek because of a mountain bike I had about 10 years ago, but thinking I should give them a chance again.

I like the idea of owning a Specialized - haven't before - but heard whisper of this Sirrus X having some reliability issues. Was wondering if people had some insight or experiences with either of these bikes. Thank you.

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 22:56 Quote
ALongMuskrat wrote:
Considering one of these two bikes. I have a prejudice against Trek because of a mountain bike I had about 10 years ago, but thinking I should give them a chance again.

I like the idea of owning a Specialized - haven't before - but heard whisper of this Sirrus X having some reliability issues. Was wondering if people had some insight or experiences with either of these bikes. Thank you.

I researched both these and other flat bar bikes as well. They're both very similar. But I wanted to Spec for the Future Shock. Theres only about $100 price diff with the Trek being less expensive. If having mild suspension on the front is not important, then go for the Trek.

But with the global low inventory on bikes and parts, its hard to find anything. And the bike companies know it. Spec raised the price on the X 5 by $200 and its identical to 2019. Price gouging in my opinion. But at this point it might depend on what's available and how much you're willing to pay and/or wait.

Good luck

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009942
Mobile Version of Website