Dj wheels

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 10:23 Quote
Hey so I'm very new to dirt jumping and I'm building up an octane zircus 1 and I was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions on a wheelset nothing over 300 for front and rear please don't be rude I don't know much about dj bikes I'm an enduro rider.

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 10:36 Quote
you'll deffo want a single speed 10mm nutted or bolted axle on the rear, 135m QR hub with a single speed conversion will work but, there's better options out there. as for the front depends on what fork you have?
Octane One do have a DJ wheel set that is Great vale for the $ an strong enough if you can find it, Dartmoor Bikes are a good option similar price to O One or an NS or Halo wheel set for a bit more $

find the
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Thread on here for more advice on whats availible over there, there's some top blokes on that thread to help!

I swear by Hope Pro Trials hubs on the rear but, that may be a bit more than you want to spend

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:28 Quote
Ok thanks I have a bomber dj

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 9:22 Quote
You will find we are a lot less rude on here than a lot of Facebook groups! Smile

Hope hubs are normally easier as you can change the axles/end caps to suit your frame/fork.

As nojzilla said ns, and octane one make some good budget sets. It will also depend on your cranks as to whether ud want cassette or ss rear hub, cassette will normally only allow u to go down to around 11 or 12 tooth cogs which wouldn't be so good with a bmx Crank.

There are lots of variables to consider based on your other parts

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 9:36 Quote
ok thanks, I have a bomber DJ and a commensal absolute and I want a ss

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
Something else to consider is what type of cranks you're running. BMX cranks/chain will be fine with a BMX type SS hub an one piece driver which allows a smaller drive.
MTB cranks need the thinner MTB chain so freehub and cog which the smallest cog is 12th so, again. Gearing is something else to consider.....

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
Hi. Im doing the same atm... Want it ASAP but dont wanna screw things up lol. After lots of thinking and a couple of long chats with bike shops, i went for a Halo DJD Bushdrive. Found it for £30 less than other places..
Forks next.. Want 100 - 120 travel.. 110 x15 thru bolt...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005108
Mobile Version of Website