Best mtb pants for colder riding?

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Best mtb pants for colder riding?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 9:08 Quote
What pants do you recommend for colder rides? All the ones I can find are 150-200 dollars. Any cheaper options?

Posted: Jan 7, 2021 at 0:27 Quote
An extra set of sweatpants, or two, or three... Riding isn't a fashion show - so who cares.

Cheaper the better; when they're covered in muck, you can either pressure wash, or pitch 'em. Done. Set your budget at $5-10/pair. At that rate, you'll be 5-10 years before ya hit the initial amount.

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 16:04 Quote
dood wrote:
An extra set of sweatpants, or two, or three... Riding isn't a fashion show - so who cares.

Cheaper the better; when they're covered in muck, you can either pressure wash, or pitch 'em. Done. Set your budget at $5-10/pair. At that rate, you'll be 5-10 years before ya hit the initial amount.

Only issue I have with sweatpants is if they're baggy at all I seem to catch them on the front of my seat any time I try to get low and shift my weight back.

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 7:16 Quote
Check out some of the cross country ski gear if you can find some - is often good bank for your buck! Offers warmth without all the bulk of sweatpants...

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 23:16 Quote
pretty expensive, I wear custom made Sweatpants from https://vizapparel.com/ their pricing is quite reasonable

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 21:15 Quote
Hey! Have you checked out www.dirtyjane.com? Or if you're in Canada .ca.

Well made, technical pants will cost you $150+ but they'll also last you for many years of fun riding. They have fabric that protects you from wind, can be waterproof if that's what you're after, but most have a water repellent finish. They'll also have tapered ankles, and strategically placed pockets and seams (because seams CAN be in the wrong places).

I like to think of it as an investment, Yeah. you could buy cheap pants that will last a few rides, but that's a lot of extra fabric in an already overflowing landfill. Of course, if it's out of your budget then it's out of your budget, but if you get a pair that fits, you love, and last for 5+ years, it'll be totally worth it!

Hope that helps. PS. My favorites are Loamy pants that you can find on Dirty Jane. They have a really comfortable elastic waistband and they're stretchy enough that you can throw a pair of thermals on underneath in cooler weather.

FL
Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 21:34 Quote
thermal base layer tights under your normal troosers

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012041
Mobile Version of Website