Super Deluxe Coil: 55mm stroke to 50mm stroke

PB Forum :: SRAM
Super Deluxe Coil: 55mm stroke to 50mm stroke
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 16, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
Hi all,

Anyone know if I can take a 185x55 Super Deluxe Coil and reduce the stroke to 50mm?

I have the 55mm stroke on my Giant Trance and I'd like to take the shock to my new Banshee Phantom.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone know if I can take a 185x55 Super Deluxe Coil and reduce the stroke to 50mm?

I have the 55mm stroke on my Giant Trance and I'd like to take the shock to my new Banshee Phantom.

Did you figure this out? Looking to do the same on a banshee phantom v3.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 12:40 Quote
Chucker147 wrote:
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Hi all,

It can be done by adding a spacer. I'm not sure where you buy the spacer, but a suspension tuning company offered to do it for me. I ultimately didn't end up doing it. I was happy with the DXP2. And the Banshee is heavy enough already!

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 14:15 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Chucker147 wrote:
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Hi all,

It can be done by adding a spacer. I'm not sure where you buy the spacer, but a suspension tuning company offered to do it for me. I ultimately didn't end up doing it. I was happy with the DXP2. And the Banshee is heavy enough already!

Thanks for the info. Might just stick with the stock dpx2 as well, since at the moment the phantom v3 frame plus performance elite version dpx2 is only 250 bucks more than without the shock.

How do you like the banshee in general? Any significant cons? What components are on the bike?

I'm in the market for a short travel 29er and the phantom seems to be a good option compared to other brands with alloy frames. The idea is to replace my hardtail and use for a few multiday alpine rides.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 16:21 Quote
I'm selling mine. There are a lot of things I like about it, but I didn't get on with the long chain-stays. It kind of made the bike too capable for me. I have a bigger bike and I don't need it to "punch above its weight." It just wasn't as much fun on the lower speed, more technical trails I ride around my house.

I did enjoy the geo in every way other than the CS length. It's really stiff and pedals well. It would be a great long-day, alpine bike.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 22:15 Quote
Yeah unfortunately the travel spacers for those shocks are not sold to consumers like us. But you can do it the other way around. If you had a 185 x 50 you could remove a spacer and make it a 185 x 55. But sorry can't change a 55 to 50Frown

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 22:47 Quote
The Phantom is a killer short travel bike, but I found it to work best with the stock dpx2. Never tried other air shocks but did try a '21 dhx2 and could never get it to work as well as the stock shock even with the endless adjustments and different springs. The Prime and Titan on the other hand are great with coils

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005413
Mobile Version of Website