Pivot trail 429 enduro or switchblade

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
Pivot trail 429 enduro or switchblade
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 16:31 Quote
I’m 200 lbs what bike do y’all recommend for me I want a bike that is light also

Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 20:02 Quote
Both are good bikes. The weight will be similar, the trail 429 enduro is heavy for its travel. Switchblade has won best mtb of the year from BikeRumor. I would personally go with a Switchblade

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
What kind of rider are you and where you ride makes a big difference in my opinion. Smash smash go Switchblade. If a less harsh rider and terrain go 429.

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
Like mtnbikerva1 said, you're going to have to elaborate a bit more about how you ride and where you ride.

The 429 is a lower travel trail bike/ downcountry where as the Switchblade is closer to a lower travel Enduro bike/ longer travel trail bike.

IMO
- If you want a trail bike the priorities going up/ far 429
- Want a bike that priorities the down/ going fast Switchblade

You're not going to go wrong either way. It's interesting to see how the 429 has VERY similar geo numbers to my 5.5. And I'd be super interested to see how the Switchblade feels since it's built around the same amount of travel as the 5.5 and some other similar numbers just being a little longer in the front with bigger wheels.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
Yeah, I've been thinking between the two also. I like really long rides, I currently have a 125/130 bike, and it feels sketchy on fast descents, it is a little older and has dated. I ride pretty aggressively but I love an active bike that easy to throw around when I jump. I don't know which to go with?

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005047
Mobile Version of Website