Pivot trail 429 enduro or switchblade

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
Pivot trail 429 enduro or switchblade
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 22:17 Quote
Anybody have experience in the Boise Foothills? Thinking that the new 429 Enduro would be a great bike for those trails. Sold my 5.5 and need another bike so it'll be a 429, Switchblade, a Rascal or maybe a Yeti SB 130.

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 5:03 Quote
Eloo37 wrote:
i have a new trail 429 enduro and it’s pretty amazing. hands down best climbing and pedaling bike i have ever ridden. Been on lots of bikes

it’s heavy but it does not feel like it. bike is super plush for its 120 travel but as many reviews stated it feels much more than 120.

it’s not an enduro bike but can handle most of what you throw at it

that being said i picked up a switchblade and it’s in route. i always wanted a switchblade but couldn’t pass up the trail when i saw it at the LBS

so let’s see how different they are really are from each other. the geo numbers are very similar and beside travel they are very similar bikes. the enduro trail in low setting actually has a slacker hta than the switch

i have a feeling they will very similar bikes

if you have a chance to to demo the trail 429 you will be pleasantly suprised

I’m also super keen to here how your bikes compare. I have a 2021 Switchy that I’m selling (I’m in between sizes and my medium has worked out too small ). Can’t decide between a T429,T429 Enduro, or simply another Switchy in the right size!!!.

Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 21:22 Quote
if you can get your hands on a 429 enduro it’s literally the ultimate trail bike. it’s so quick and capable and rarely think i more travel. the Switch doesn’t see the trail much. never felt it was overwhelmed. been through many bikes and hands down the best bike i have ever ridden

probably going to sell it and get a 27.5

Posted: Aug 29, 2021 at 5:07 Quote
I have a 2020 trail Enduro 429! Awesome bike and I love it….but I ride a lot of the NC mountains and if I can find a switchblade I may try and sell the 429 and pick up it up…..anyone want to trade haha

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 17:47 Quote
Just put some new decals on tonight. The ones for the wheels ended up being slightly too small but everything else worked perfectly.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
Just put some new decals on tonight. The ones for the wheels ended up being slightly too small but everything else worked perfectly.
I see another GRIP SHIFT fan.
What shock and brakes?
LIkes and dislikes?
Thank you.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
mtnbikerva1 wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
What shock and brakes?
LIkes and dislikes?
Thank you.

I have Hope vTech brakes with an XO gripshift and derailleur, using RevGrips gripshift to make a larger grip surface.

I love my brakes. I’ve got some arthritis in my right thumb and the trigger shifter was hurting so I tried out the gripshift.

I’m actually pleasantly surprised and think I prefer it to the lever shifters. The only problem for me is now I’ve got this wrist pain so I’m gonna be selling it soon and trying out the GX AXS

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 19:24 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
mtnbikerva1 wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
What shock and brakes?
LIkes and dislikes?
Thank you.

I have Hope vTech brakes with an XO gripshift and derailleur, using RevGrips gripshift to make a larger grip surface.

I love my brakes. I’ve got some arthritis in my right thumb and the trigger shifter was hurting so I tried out the gripshift.

I’m actually pleasantly surprised and think I prefer it to the lever shifters. The only problem for me is now I’ve got this wrist pain so I’m gonna be selling it soon and trying out the GX AXS
Did the AXS end up being a better choice for you?
Any new thoughts on the bike or parts?
Did you get the BLACKLABEL REYNOLDS AND I9?

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 18:13 Quote
mtnbikerva1 wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
mtnbikerva1 wrote:

What shock and brakes?
LIkes and dislikes?
Thank you.

It is. I put the AXS on maybe a month ago and have ridden a lot with it. I'm currently waiting on a matchmaker to get it on my Hope brakes but right now it's slightly off where I want it to be.

Shifting though?! Holy cow it does feel awesome. Sometimes I can't hear it at all. I had one chainring where there was a slight bit of a rub that you could hear and it simply took a couple clicks of adjustments with the button and it was back to being completely smooth.

It helps the arthritis a lot in my thumb since I barely have to click it at all. I'm not sure if I would have been better off with the gripshift with the pain in the thumb but I'll see once I get the correct spacing with the matchmaker thing.

The Switchblade v2 itself? Dude, this is by far the best bike I've ever owned. I've had some cool bikes like the Forbidden Druid and the Santa Cruz Hightower v2 but this switchblade beats them all in nearly every way (the Druid was more stable on big fast downhills with that rearward shock travel). Bike climbs amazing, is great over small and big stuff, and super fun to play with. I absolutely love it.

And nah, the wheels are i9 hydra hubs laced to the Spank Spike Vibrocore alloy wheelset. A bit heavy but they're beasts.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
mtnbikerva1 wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:

It is. I put the AXS on maybe a month ago and have ridden a lot with it. I'm currently waiting on a matchmaker to get it on my Hope brakes but right now it's slightly off where I want it to be.

Shifting though?! Holy cow it does feel awesome. Sometimes I can't hear it at all. I had one chainring where there was a slight bit of a rub that you could hear and it simply took a couple clicks of adjustments with the button and it was back to being completely smooth.

It helps the arthritis a lot in my thumb since I barely have to click it at all. I'm not sure if I would have been better off with the gripshift with the pain in the thumb but I'll see once I get the correct spacing with the matchmaker thing.

The Switchblade v2 itself? Dude, this is by far the best bike I've ever owned. I've had some cool bikes like the Forbidden Druid and the Santa Cruz Hightower v2 but this switchblade beats them all in nearly every way (the Druid was more stable on big fast downhills with that rearward shock travel). Bike climbs amazing, is great over small and big stuff, and super fun to play with. I absolutely love it.

And nah, the wheels are i9 hydra hubs laced to the Spank Spike Vibrocore alloy wheelset. A bit heavy but they're beasts.
Glad you are having less to no pain shifting. Also glad you love the bike and wheels.
I have the T429 Enduro on order

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
mtnbikerva1 wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
mtnbikerva1 wrote:

Glad you are having less to no pain shifting. Also glad you love the bike and wheels.
I have the T429 Enduro on order

That T429 is awesome. I think that's an amazing bike and quite honestly probably a better bet for me to ride where I live too. You're gonna love that thing.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Hey guys if you would mind checking out this forum if you have a X2 shock or Grip2 fork to put in your settings that would be great!
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=233190&pagenum=1#commentid7061132

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008418
Mobile Version of Website