Looking for a Mountain Bike for £550 Can someone give me any recommendations.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Looking for a Mountain Bike for £550 Can someone give me any recommendations.
Previous Page |
Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
I've been looking around this price range, and every site I've come across recommends the vitus nucleus 29vr but when I last checked it, it had sold out in 2 minutes of coming back in stock.
So if people could recommend me some bikes for £550 and under.
Many thanks.

Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 23:42 Quote
https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/best-mountain-bikes-for-under-500

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 7:00 Quote
INeedABikeFor550 wrote:
I've been looking around this price range, and every site I've come across recommends the vitus nucleus 29vr but when I last checked it, it had sold out in 2 minutes of coming back in stock.
Many thanks.
Giant Talon w/ suntour fork. Suntour had an upgrade program so you can upgrade to air latest on

Posted: Jan 3, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
Go second hand for sure, so many top end older bikes out there for that money. Depending on what type of riding you do I'd look at On One, maybe a 456 or an Inbred both really good bikes and work well for any type of riding. Often you will get a much better spec for the same money as new definitely worth a look

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
Try the Specialized Rockhopper it's like around that price range.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
INeedABikeFor550 wrote:
Many thanks.
vitus nucleus st suntour air fork decent geo and a 1x drivetrain for 550 okish tyres and alright finishing kit

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 11:34 Quote
Ooofff wrote:
INeedABikeFor550 wrote:
Many thanks.
vitus nucleus st suntour air fork decent geo and a 1x drivetrain for 550 okish tyres and alright finishing kit

??? Facepalm

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
Reaperactual wrote:
Ooofff wrote:
INeedABikeFor550 wrote:
Many thanks.

??? Facepalm
I would also recommend the Vitus Nucleus. Heard they have plenty of them everywhere.

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 5:05 Quote
ridingrascal wrote:
Reaperactual wrote:
Ooofff wrote:

??? Facepalm
I would also recommend the Vitus Nucleus. Heard they have plenty of them everywhere.
2 of my mates who have just started have them and they seem pretty good the fork isn’t brilliant obviously but it’s far better than one of the sr suntour coils

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 18:27 Quote
For that money either go secondhand or pick up something from Decathlon, they tend to have better spec and quality than Halfords...any private shops or Evans even will just rip you off, you won't get anything decent for that money from them. My Carrera back in 2004 cost me shy of a grand and that was a Halfords bike, so £550 today in Evans etc will get you nowhere.

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
The Go Outdoors Calibre range have had some excellent reviews. There are a couple around £500 to £600 then a big jump. Stock is probably an issue as this is a universal problem at the moment.

You will get a lot more bike for your money second hand but you need to be able to check it.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
yep reported bike shortages are indeed a universal problem. There are no bikes available on Alpha Centuri or the Sun. Or Venus.

Roll back to 2019. Cotic SOUL in medium.500gbp. XT, DT, etc. MMM that’s nice Max.
Done sterling service.

2020. Ragley MMMbop frame, seat post, BB and headset and Mattoc forks. 200gbp from Retrobike. Now with added 35mm rims, 165 cranks to stop groundstrikes. Also Nice.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:54 Quote
I would look at the trek marlin 5. Pretty solid for the price.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
AdinK wrote:
I would look at the trek marlin 5. Pretty solid for the price.
xc geometry tho

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
I'd say look at direct to consumer brands like canyon, radon, commencal definitely vitus if u can get a hold of one theyre amazing but u gotta go fast

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005588
Mobile Version of Website