100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!
Previous Page |
Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 21:35 Quote
Welcome to the home of bicycle addiction!

This thread will be used to keep track of rides, post awesome pictures / or videos,
and gain motivation from others determination to achieve 100 (or more) days of riding in 2018!

So the rules from last year had to be updated a bit, but for the most part stay unchanged, here is the 2018 version:

The rules are as follows:

- Can be any type of riding (DH, FR, AM, XC, DJ, BMX, Road, commuting)
- 45 minutes to an hour minimum constitutes a ride
- A day of trail building can count as riding
- You should come back and post, PICTURES would be even better!
- Don't lose count.
- 2 rides in one day is STILL only one day!

(0-50 Try Harder!) (50-100 enthusiast!) (100-200 You're Addicted!) (200-250 Hard core!) (250-300+ living the dream!!)

Good luck!

Years Previous.
2011 thread
2012 thread
2013 thread
2014 thread
2015 Thread
2016 Thread
2017 thread
2018 thread
2019 thread
2020 thread

cheers to 2020 and to 100 more days in 2021!

So 2020 didn't quite go to plan... but I sure rode a whole lot.

Whats everyones goals for 2021?

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 22:24 Quote
I’m in. Thanks for the thread again Devin... Not sure what numbers 2021 will bestow upon me...but my goal will be to get walking and able to ride as strongly as possible this year. Thats it. Recovery and as much fun as possible. Maybe even some new regions to explore.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 6:18 Quote
I doubt i'll be able to get the 150 I got this year. Lockdown and furlough certainly helped but I'm going to try and get 125 this year!

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 6:31 Quote
So, I am here to admit that I am one of the COVID converts....Well, not exactly, I was riding quite a bit in my early 20's but got into other things and COVID brought me back after 25 years! My first ride in 2020 (first ride in 25 years!) was on April 1, and while I didn't quite log 100 rides this year, I did manage 70, and should have no problem hitting the century mark in 2021.

Looking forward to being a part of this thread in 2021!

CHEERS!

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 7:21 Quote
My goal is 250 hours, which hopefully will get me past 100 rides, mix of trail and dh days at the bike park. I’m a stay at home dad with a 5 year old and a 1.5 year old so it’s not always easy, but at least the wife is super understanding.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 7:23 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
So, I am here to admit that I am one of the COVID converts....Well, not exactly, I was riding quite a bit in my early 20's but got into other things and COVID brought me back after 25 years! My first ride in 2020 (first ride in 25 years!) was on April 1, and while I didn't quite log 100 rides this year, I did manage 70, and should have no problem hitting the century mark in 2021.

Looking forward to being a part of this thread in 2021!

CHEERS!

DHhack wrote:
My goal is 250 hours, which hopefully will get me past 100 rides, mix of trail and dh days at the bike park. I’m a stay at home dad with a 5 year old and a 1.5 year old so it’s not always easy, but at least the wife is super understanding.

Keep in mind we are logging days on the bike, not individual rides.

Welcome in!

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

Welcome in!

LOL. You must be a youngster! At over 50, two rides in one day doesn't even enter my mind! Big Grin

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Welcome in!

LOL. You must be a youngster! At over 50, two rides in one day doesn't even enter my mind! Big Grin

Hehe..I commute daily on my bike and often ride after. So I'm frequently riding 3 times a day.. At 32 I'm definitely still a youngster.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 7:37 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Hehe..I commute daily on my bike and often ride after. So I'm frequently riding 3 times a day.. At 32 I'm definitely still a youngster.

I drive over 600 miles a week for work, commuting by bicycle is out of the question, regardless of age! lol

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 7:54 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

I drive over 600 miles a week for work, commuting by bicycle is out of the question, regardless of age! lol

Yeah at some point riding to work scenario would be sweet. Last gig was about 100,000 miles a year driving. Sometimes less...

Welcome Pacman! Lets get one in together this year!

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 8:00 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Yeah at some point riding to work scenario would be sweet. Last gig was about 100,000 miles a year driving. Sometimes less...

For sure! Get yerself healthy and head on up, I'm sure we could have some fun in your old stompin' grounds!

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 11:08 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

I got my priorities right when I bought my house, 5 km from work and 1 km from the trailhead!

PACNW-MTB wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

For sure! Get yerself healthy and head on up, I'm sure we could have some fun in your old stompin' grounds!

Maybe I can join someday, big Bellingham fan!

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 11:14 Quote
Hell yes Gnar! I have had the pleasure of riding with feathers and a bunch of the old balls on several occasions now. Love this site just for that reason. Meeting new buddies and carrying on riding regimens with fellow nutjobs

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 11:29 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I got my priorities right when I bought my house, 5 km from work and 1 km from the trailhead!

Well, Lookout and Galbraith are literally in my backyard, so I got that part right at least!

gnarnaimo wrote:
Maybe I can join someday, big Bellingham fan!

Absolutely! Anytime! Shoot me a PM if you wanna come down!

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006304
Mobile Version of Website