100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 5:27 Quote
Just hit 104 according to Strava. First time I've hit the 100 club since the 90s.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
65 - sheeesh is getting hard to get out to trail heads. Building an urban assault vehicle for just this reason...

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 13:50 Quote
215- Still too windy for OHS

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 15:40 Quote
217- borrowed a buddy's old DH bike...and then hit up some deep mudholes... even tried to hit it on the bike. Fall leaves are very vibrant this year.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 17:30 Quote
91 - some training laps

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 7:40 Quote
On a short hiatus - apparently my rookie axe sharpening skills are better than I expected, six stitches on my left braking finger puts me out for at least this week.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
258 - Day at Kamloops bike ranch. Finally hit the complete Fist Full of Dollars line after years of looking at it.

259 - 31 km and 1050 m of Candle Creek in Clearwater B.C. Rode all but one trail in the network. What a great network this little town has built, I believe they first broke ground in 2017..Amazing

260 - 20 km and 900 m of Mount McKirdy in Valemount. Bit of snow at the top, but not so much that it couldn't be ridden at speed. Super fun trails out in Valemount.

261 - Day 2 of Mt McKirdy in Valemount. Didn't quite ride every trail there and its so good we decided to check it all out. 22.5 km and 900 m. Could ride Stump Town and Moby Dick all day, so good!

262 - 30 km and 800 m of Pidherny in Prince George. Lots of building done here since I last biked the area 4 years ago. Hit up old school and new school trail. Attempted a 20 foot gap at the end of Kitchen Sink/Lazy Susan, ignored the fact that it looked like nobody has hit it in a long time (take off and landing fully grassed over), hit it at full speed and two wheel cased the landing Eek got it all on video, was a hilarious/terrifying moment. My bike and I made it out unscathed amazingly, although I was definitely feeling it in my ankles for the rest of the day.. I think the run in and take off need some work and I'm guessing this jump gas been ignored for the last 5 or more years lol

263 - Dragon Mountain in Quesnel. Our plan was to hit up Desous just south of Williams Lake on our way down but it was pouring rain there, as well as just about everywhere else aside from Quesnel. So we gave Dragon Mountain a try based on a recommendation from a friend in Prince George. This place is gnarly! Trails that are marked black are most certainly double black, maybe even pro lines in places, and trails marked as blues are definitely not blues and should probably be labeled blacks. Super techy, steep, rocky terrain. Being a little wet made it even more butt puckering. Still managed to ride all the big rock lines and it was a blast! Very impressive trail, surprisingly good climber...in Quesnel?! Who knew.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
leftypumpkin wrote:
On a short hiatus - apparently my rookie axe sharpening skills are better than I expected, six stitches on my left braking finger puts me out for at least this week.

Jeez, that's gnarly! Heal up quick dude.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 8:54 Quote
leftypumpkin wrote:

Oh boy! At least you didn't loose your finger

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

263 - Dragon Mountain in Quesnel. Our plan was to hit up Desous just south of Williams Lake on our way down but it was pouring rain there, as well as just about everywhere else aside from Quesnel. So we gave Dragon Mountain a try based on a recommendation from a friend in Prince George. This place is gnarly! Trails that are marked black are most certainly double black, maybe even pro lines in places, and trails marked as blues are definitely not blues and should probably be labeled blacks. Super techy, steep, rocky terrain. Being a little wet made it even more butt puckering. Still managed to ride all the big rock lines and it was a blast! Very impressive trail, surprisingly good climber...in Quesnel?! Who knew.

Too bad you couldn't have ridden Desous. It's amazing there.

Quesnel has really great riding. I was surprised too.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 9:22 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
leftypumpkin wrote:

No kidding! Ouch!

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 18:13 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
leftypumpkin wrote:

No kidding! Ouch!

Thanks guys, bummed that I'm losing days towards my 100. And yeah, when the blood started pouring out and I saw a large gaping cut in my finger it wasn't a happy moment. As it turned out, just a flesh wound but fairly wide cut so the skin flap made it look deeper and bigger than it actually was.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 18:31 Quote
159 - spin on the CX bike. This stupid cold won’t go away.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 19:42 Quote
leftypumpkin wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

No kidding! Ouch!

Thanks guys, bummed that I'm losing days towards my 100. And yeah, when the blood started pouring out and I saw a large gaping cut in my finger it wasn't a happy moment. As it turned out, just a flesh wound but fairly wide cut so the skin flap made it look deeper and bigger than it actually was.

*said in total Monty Python form... Wink

Scores:
10/10 for sharpening skills
2/10 for nearly hacking finger off
8/10 for gory Halloween finger
Avg Score: 6.66666 (that was totally unplanned but oddly apropos)

yeah, dude, that had'ta suck., heal fast man

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006209
Mobile Version of Website