100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!
O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 11:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Hell yes Gnar! I have had the pleasure of riding with feathers and a bunch of the old balls on several occasions now. Love this site just for that reason. Meeting new buddies and carrying on riding regimens with fellow nutjobs

I'll second the Hell Ya!

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Keep in mind we are logging days on the bike, not individual rides.

No offense but commuting shouldn’t count unless it’s mostly on dirt on a mountain bike. I don’t include road rides, trainer rides or multiples in one day for the purposes of these yearly threads.

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 11:47 Quote
DHhack wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

No offense but commuting shouldn’t count unless it’s mostly on dirt on a mountain bike. I don’t include road rides, trainer rides or multiples in one day for the purposes of these yearly threads.

Why wouldn’t you include road rides?

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 11:49 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Hell yes Gnar! I have had the pleasure of riding with feathers and a bunch of the old balls on several occasions now. Love this site just for that reason. Meeting new buddies and carrying on riding regimens with fellow nutjobs

Yup, it’s great for that. I’m always down for riding with folks on here.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 12:07 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
DHhack wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Why wouldn’t you include road rides?

Because this is a mtb forum??

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 12:13 Quote
That’s ridiculous. You don’t cross train in other cycling disciplines to improve your mountain bike skills and fitness? Feel free to read the first page where Devin lays out all the rules.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 12:57 Quote
DHhack wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

No offense but read the rules.

bigquotesThe rules are as follows:

- Can be any type of riding (DH, FR, AM, XC, DJ, BMX, Road, commuting)
- 45 minutes to an hour minimum constitutes a ride
- A day of trail building can count as riding
- You should come back and post, PICTURES would be even better!
- Don't lose count.
- 2 rides in one day is STILL only one day!

..but anyways, my commute to work happens to consist of 2.7 km of trail and 2.4 km of road, and I commute on a cheap Cannondale Trail 4 or Trail 5 'mountain bike'. Sometimes I skip the trails and ride only road when it's really wet or I'm in a hurry.

Also..I'd be willing to bet that my work commute consists of more elevation gain and loss than alot of the regular folks 'mountain bike' rides (looking at you florida riders).

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 14:41 Quote
Here goes, hopefully 2021 will be better than last year. I'm gonna shoot for 300, but starting in quarantine certainly won't help.

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 19:06 Quote
Anything more than 45 mins is a bike ride for sure!

This might be a mountain bike website but I'm betting a lot of us own Road bikes, Cross Bikes, BMX bikes etc.

If its got two wheels, powered by a meat engine, and you ride it for more than 45 mins than we're dialled bud.

Pimp

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
1 - And so it begins...

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 7:06 Quote
1 icy snowy xc with the gf

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
DHhack wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

No offense but read the rules.

bigquotesThe rules are as follows:

- Can be any type of riding (DH, FR, AM, XC, DJ, BMX, Road, commuting)
- 45 minutes to an hour minimum constitutes a ride
- A day of trail building can count as riding
- You should come back and post, PICTURES would be even better!
- Don't lose count.
- 2 rides in one day is STILL only one day!

..but anyways, my commute to work happens to consist of 2.7 km of trail and 2.4 km of road, and I commute on a cheap Cannondale Trail 4 or Trail 5 'mountain bike'. Sometimes I skip the trails and ride only road when it's really wet or I'm in a hurry.

Also..I'd be willing to bet that my work commute consists of more elevation gain and loss than alot of the regular folks 'mountain bike' rides (looking at you florida riders).

Wait for it.... my personal accountability has nothing to do with you.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 8:31 Quote
1. Here we go again.

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 9:24 Quote
DHhack wrote:
Wait for it.... my personal accountability has nothing to do with you.

Sounds like you took offense...

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
1 - great spin on the cx bike. 21km of single track and gravel road with 321 meters climbed to start 2021.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014325
Mobile Version of Website