100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 3:59 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
undescended wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
36 - Lily and Lizard Lakes and Oyster Dome. My son went with me for Fathers Day (he doesn't ride). 10 miles, 2,200'.
2200’ elevation for a son who doesn’t ride is amazing... my daughter cries child abuse for anything over 900’ for 10 mi Whip lol

AND he offered to mow the lawn! We'll see if he's got enough gas left in his tank to get it done! LOL!

this is awesome...lol... so how'd that turn out ????

undescended wrote:
100 - nothin more fun than a dual flat on a downhill when the rear begins to fishtail and the front becomes squirmy...d;o)

congrats on 100...and on keeping it upright Salute

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 4:29 Quote
37 - East Rim - About 7.5 miles of what felt like absolute torture yesterday with two of my fave riding homies. My stomach was churning before we ever got started and I almost bagged out of the ride festivities just because I felt so ill. It was hot as hell. It rained in the morning, but not at East Rim so the humidity was high but the trail conditions were perfect...and I was sick as a dog.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
adm750 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
undescended wrote:

2200’ elevation for a son who doesn’t ride is amazing... my daughter cries child abuse for anything over 900’ for 10 mi Whip lol

AND he offered to mow the lawn! We'll see if he's got enough gas left in his tank to get it done! LOL!

this is awesome...lol... so how'd that turn out ????

Put it this way, the lawn is mowed, and I did not do it! This kid is turning out alright after all! Big Grin

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 6:36 Quote
153 - Our 1st year wedding anniversary and 5th year anniversary of the day we met Smile We did the same loop we do every year on June 20th, which is the same loop we did the day we met.

..only difference is this year I was stung by a hornet on my lower lip. Which today is swollen to twice its normal size. Our romantic dinner last night was a little comical lol

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 7:27 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
153 - Our 1st year wedding anniversary and 5th year anniversary of the day we met Smile We did the same loop we do every year on June 20th, which is the same loop we did the day we met.

..only difference is this year I was stung by a hornet on my lower lip. Which today is swollen to twice its normal size. Our romantic dinner last night was a little comical lol

Owe! But congratulations

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 7:35 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

aw man...that's a great story (well...except for the part about getting stung...)

Happy Anniversary...!

(got stung on the johnson once...wife said I should go to the doctor. I did and asked if I could get something for the pain but nothing for the swelling Pimp )

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 7:46 Quote
Thanks guys, I didn't let that stop me from having a good anniversary. Right after we went paddleboarding and went for a swim (it is friggin hot around here right now!). Also luckily for me my wife is smart enough to always have emergency pills stashed on her bike. So I had Tylenol and benadryl immediately after being stung. Which helped with the swelling yesterday, but overnight it ballooned up again.

God damn did it ever hurt! Eek Still hurting almost a day later.

undescended wrote:
100 - nothin more fun than a dual flat on a downhill when the rear begins to fishtail and the front becomes squirmy...d;o)

Oh and congrats on 100!!

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
Yeah I don't think the the lips is where you want a bees stinger lol

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
I was on the ol' GSXR one day and had a bee get into my helmet. We had a long argument....

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
adm750 wrote:
I was on the ol' GSXR one day and had a bee get into my helmet. We had a long argument....

I’ve had that happen... so hard not to freak out.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 8:08 Quote
totally !! especially when it's just moseying across your face at highway speeds and there's really no good place to pull over.

bee: "hmm...I'll just slip under these sunglasses here for a sec. Looks like a nice shady place to check out...." Eek

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
151- Told myself I could beat the rain, guess what happened

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 18:09 Quote
154 - To work and back. Got alot of weird looks today when people could see my lips without a mask. Not going to lie, pretty over this sore swollen lip thing already. Super uncomfortable to drink, eat or talk. Hoping it's gone by tomorrow morning.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006059
Mobile Version of Website