Would it be okay to have two different suspension brands on one bike?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Would it be okay to have two different suspension brands on one bike?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 13:33 Quote
I’m researching different suspension options for a bike build and just wanted to ask before i screw something up.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
No, FOX will file a lawsuit against you if you run their fork with a Rockshox rear shock. You also have to run a FOX helmet or you are not insured against injury from their suspension if it fails. Be careful when you do things like that, it can cause a lot of problems..

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
No issue. Should be good

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 14:10 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
No, FOX will file a lawsuit against you if you run their fork with a Rockshox rear shock. You also have to run a FOX helmet or you are not insured against injury from their suspension if it fails. Be careful when you do things like that, it can cause a lot of problems..

L.O.L.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 14:45 Quote
I’m doing that right now, 160 mil pike on the front, Fox X2 for 160mil on the back. They go quite well together in my opinion.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 15:00 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
this was pretty funny

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 15:00 Quote
meSSican wrote:
No issue. Should be good
thank you

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 15:03 Quote
FinnRoche wrote:
meSSican wrote:
No issue. Should be good
thank you

I’m running an EXT ERA up front and Push 11/6 in the back. In my Opinion there’s nothing on the market that feels better than my mismatched-brand suspension.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 15:04 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
FinnRoche wrote:
meSSican wrote:
No issue. Should be good
thank you

I’m running an EXT ERA up front and Push 11/6 in the back. In my Opinion there’s nothing on the market that feels better than my mismatched-brand suspension.

Tbh I wasn't exactly blown away by my 11/6, but I bet that ERA is a great fork...would be interesting to know how good compared to say a Smashpot converted fork.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
FinnRoche wrote:
thank you

Tbh I wasn't exactly blown away by my 11/6, but I bet that ERA is a great fork...would be interesting to know how good compared to say a Smashpot converted fork.

Well I can’t say for certain becuz I’ve not tried a smashpot but I can say the ERA is just as sensitive as a coil fork but with infinite tuning capabilities. The mid support is amazing and the damper is very good. I’m still dialing mine in but gotta say I’m definitely not disappointment in my purchase.

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
Giant Trance X3 is spec’d with a Rockshox 35 up front and fox dps in the back.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 20:27 Quote
My rear shock exploded so I replaced it with a grapefruit. Doesn't seem to have any negative affects on my marzocchi fork. Plus it makes for a delicious mid ride snack. Going to need more grapefruits though.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 1:10 Quote
FinnRoche wrote:
I’m researching different suspension options for a bike build and just wanted to ask before i screw something up.
yes Santa Cruz do it

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008979
Mobile Version of Website