Good steel frames?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Good steel frames?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 0:19 Quote
Looking for a frame to build up. The Transition PBJ looks awesome, but the geo is a little slack for my needs, as I pretty much only ride park (no jumps near me ): ). I was thinking that I might just deal with it being slightly slacker in parks, or should I go with a frame like the NS Suburban? Do you guys have any other steel frame recommendations?

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 2:32 Quote
Verde Theory. Very park!

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 7:21 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Verde Theory. Very park!
I would prefer something with suspension in the front, along with a disc brake. So the radix is more what I want. The radix does actually look pretty good though.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:
Verde Theory. Very park!
I would prefer something with suspension in the front, along with a disc brake. So the radix is more what I want. The radix does actually look pretty good though.

I just bought a Radix and I like it but I'm not going to be really jumping with it. I ride with my son at pump tracks and small jumps and stuff. Even with small stuff I'm going to abuse the parts because I'm a really big guy (think NFL lineman size).

I have read a few reports of the top tube buckling on Radix frames but I don't think I've seen anyone report that on the 2021 models so maybe they made slight changes? I'm not 100% sure but I think the 2021 Airborne Cro-Hawk is exactly the same bike, as well.

I can say one thing. If you get a Radix tighten the spokes before you ride. After a couple of riding sessions I had to really work the rear rim to get it back roughly trued.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
IngoInAZ wrote:
Kamiizoo wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:
Verde Theory. Very park!

I just bought a Radix and I like it but I'm not going to be really jumping with it. I ride with my son at pump tracks and small jumps and stuff. Even with small stuff I'm going to abuse the parts because I'm a really big guy (think NFL lineman size).

I have read a few reports of the top tube buckling on Radix frames but I don't think I've seen anyone report that on the 2021 models so maybe they made slight changes? I'm not 100% sure but I think the 2021 Airborne Cro-Hawk is exactly the same bike, as well.

I can say one thing. If you get a Radix tighten the spokes before you ride. After a couple of riding sessions I had to really work the rear rim to get it back roughly trued.
I am building the bike, so I dont need to worry about that truing problem. I'll take a look at the airborne cro hawk, there is a chance they could be.

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 21:35 Quote
I just bought an NS Majesty Dirt frame to build up. I had an old Suburban 24 and it was a great bike. Steel is real!

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
Mattysville wrote:
I just bought an NS Majesty Dirt frame to build up. I had an old Suburban 24 and it was a great bike. Steel is real!
Steel is real. Love the looks, and it can take a hit better than alu. If the suburban 24 was good, then the suburban 26 will probably be good as well. Majesty is a bit out of budget. Thanks!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009193
Mobile Version of Website