Anybody know when the new YT lineup is dropping?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Anybody know when the new YT lineup is dropping?
O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 15:54 Quote
Just got a reply from the Australian distributor.

Thanks for your patience. Our YT brand manager had a zoom meeting with YT last night. At the moment, with a large amount of the EU in lockdown and huge port delays into the US - the model announcement is going to be closer to March. The bikes are being manufactured, but without 2 major markets being able to distribute the bikes currently, YT is waiting till it's poised to release the bikes worldwide.
Thanks,

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 5:14 Quote
monkshed wrote:

Thanks for your patience. Our YT brand manager had a zoom meeting with YT last night. At the moment, with a large amount of the EU in lockdown and huge port delays into the US - the model announcement is going to be closer to March. The bikes are being manufactured, but without 2 major markets being able to distribute the bikes currently, YT is waiting till it's poised to release the bikes worldwide.
Thanks,

Looks like I will be waiting an extra month. I wish they would drop some specs.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 7:50 Quote
monkshed wrote:

Thanks,

This is bullshit. I get there may be port delays to US but how does the lockdown affect sells of an online store? What lockdown do they have in mind? Logistics companies in EU work pretty normally even across borders. And why not publish the specs? If Im gonna wait any longer than February, Im buying other bike

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 12:27 Quote
kabar3 wrote:
monkshed wrote:

Thanks,

This is bullshit. I get there may be port delays to US but how does the lockdown affect sells of an online store? What lockdown do they have in mind? Logistics companies in EU work pretty normally even across borders. And why not publish the specs? If Im gonna wait any longer than February, Im buying other bike

It is very frustrating that they don’t at least post specs, colors, etc. The new Commencals and Canyons are looking more and more appealing every day. At least they have posted their updated lineups and you can even preorder a Commencal! Throw us a bone!

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 15:04 Quote
Petejbridge wrote:
kabar3 wrote:
monkshed wrote:

Thanks,

It is very frustrating that they don’t at least post specs, colors, etc. The new Commencals and Canyons are looking more and more appealing every day. At least they have posted their updated lineups and you can even preorder a Commencal! Throw us a bone!

Yep I agree it is very frustrating. I have been checking daily since December waiting for an announcement and I agree even just hints and some leaks would be great and people these days love companies that are open with what is happening. I've messaged Propain about their new Rage DH and they have already given a rough timeline on when they are releasing and we already know what they look like.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 21:07 Quote
Another question I have is how much of a price increase we will see on the new YTs? It seems a lot of the other brands have increased pricing in response to logistical hurdles due to the pandemic, warranted or not..

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 21:17 Quote
Petejbridge wrote:
Another question I have is how much of a price increase we will see on the new YTs? It seems a lot of the other brands have increased pricing in response to logistical hurdles due to the pandemic, warranted or not..

I'm going to say anything up to $600 or so increase which still puts them at a very good price

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
If their is a big price increase it looks less and less appealing to go with an online brand instead of something local anymore then 300usd increase is really not justified regardless of distribution delays

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
Shame.. another month, I rather ordered new Canyon Spectral 29 - delivery is planned for May so I have some spare time to cancel Spectral and order YT _if_ they will come up with something interesting and deliverable, but in order to be able to ride I ordered Canyon.. and I should have done that on December knowing that YT's lineup introduction will be so postponed :-(

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 13:34 Quote
monkshed wrote:
Petejbridge wrote:

I'm going to say anything up to $600 or so increase which still puts them at a very good price

As of 1-1-2021 UK buyers will now have to pay an extra 6% for E-Bikes and 14% of UK Import Taxes for bikes taxes plus 4 - 5x higher shipping costs that now include a new £85.50 handling fee.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 3:23 Quote
Just got a response from YT, that the new range is coming in the "upcoming months".. For me that means March, if we are lucky, at the earliest...

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 4:45 Quote
Jandys21 wrote:
Just got a response from YT, that the new range is coming in the "upcoming months".. For me that means March, if we are lucky, at the earliest...

Hopefully they release some specs soon.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 6:46 Quote
I don't know exactly when, but I have been talking to a sale guy that said they would have more inventory out well before June. I'm guessing that would be all the updated models.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 6:54 Quote
When i was shopping for an ebike 6 months ago they told me January, so everything seems to have been pushed forward for obvious reasons. I'm sure they could "release" their bikes now but they probably don't have anywhere near the inventory that could match the demand?

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
There's a new banner on there homepage saying they can hardly wait to show us.
Seems next few weeks is a safe bet for launch with delivery several months away
at least but probably April-May if we're lucky!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024527
Mobile Version of Website