get some much of spray. works great .

whats that?
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=520

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
Dang!...thats sweet!!....yeah, ill quit the pressure washing

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 0:00 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
pperini wrote:
yeah i know, the problem is that, here where i live, you cant wash your stuff, like cars, motorcycles and bikes at your house, because of "german controled water waste", so i have to go to the gas station and the only way to wash is with pressure water...

If it was me a bucket and sponge would be worth the cost to save every seal and bearing on you your bike. That's on you though.

guys guys.. the best way to wash a bike is....
Method A
big brush and dishwasher soap... then use a sprinkle head to wash off the results of the big brushing... if you really need it clean...
wipe off with a dry rag to dry it...

or....
Method B
wait till it dries...
brush off the big stuff till it is all dusty and then use a rag with a bit of bike solvent to wipe off the residual dust...
wipe of with dry rag to get the rest

I have tried lots of things as I have 5 bikes and a busy family... but I don't want to be replacing bearings and overhauling 3 sets of forks all the time...

method b will probably take more time but mean leass bearing wear as things still get in through bearing seals if you use method A...

remember to keep bike in a coolish dry place so there is no moisture on the bikes (ie moisture evaporates after cleaning... Not in a shed... not so much in a really cold garage... esp steel bikes.... with steel bikes it is good to spray the inside of the frame with framesaver...

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
which fork is stronger? pike or argyle?

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 1:58 Quote
atxmtbmx wrote:
which fork is stronger? pike or argyle?
argyle! pike is more tunable and lighter

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005111
Mobile Version of Website