Trailforks pro

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks pro
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 6, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
I am very confused with the idea of pro I have been using trailforks for years and now I can't because I have to pay c'mon pinkbike this is ridiculous the square area given doesn't even fit my local mountain

Posted: Jan 6, 2021 at 14:44 Quote
I know right! It's so annoying, go look at their reviews on the app store. it dropped from like a 4.8 to a 2.1 on android after they switched to a paid model.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
Sorry to hear you're unsatisfied with the need for Trailforks to introduce a Pro subscription to access the full app experience. This blog post explains how you can still use Trailforks for free https://bit.ly/3iEmSkR

This blog post answers some of the criticism around the Pro option, data access & user contributed content https://bit.ly/30Cj51h

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 15:39 Quote
I guess this was inevitable Having to pay for this service now is tough when it was free for so many years. I'm still not sure what to do,

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
Not worth the subscription. MTB Project is free

Mod O+ FL
Posted: May 25, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
mrkumro wrote:
Not worth the subscription. MTB Project is free

It has a small fraction of the features and functionality of Trailforks. And FAR less trails on their map and database, especially if you go outside the USA.

It has also been purchased by a larger for-profit company that has subscriptions on their other products, so I'd expect MTBP will have a subscription at some point as well.

Developing, running, promoting and maintaining websites and apps of this size costs a lot of money and is not a charity. Every premium service has to find a way to pay the bills eventually, Pinkbike had invested millions to build and grow Trailforks which is now separated into it's own company. We had 3 options, plaster the website & app with advertising, charge trail associations, or charge users. We dislike ads and the tracking of users across the web it involves. We have never and don't want to sell user data, or even force users to have an account to use the app & website, thus tracking them even more. And one of the core missions of Trailforks is to provide tools and data for non-profit trail associations, so charging them doesn't align with that. So we decided on a reasonable yearly subscription for all users, which can be purchased even without an account.

Every time the app is used, external services ( map tiles, Google maps, satellite imagery, elevation data, weather data, and more ) have a cost associated with it. We have been able to absorb the cost until now, but as more and more users use the app we just can't absorb this indefinitely. Then there are the costs of server hardware, bandwidth costs, staff salaries, events and so on.

We have tried to strike a balance between free access and a sustainable payment model. Our view is that users actively participate and contribute to Trailforks in their local areas, so that should be free. For users wanting access to Trailforks Pro worldwide, we hope they see enough value to spend the equivalent of a couple of post-ride beers at the pub.

The revenue from Trailforks Pro will enable us to hire more staff, develop additional features, provide better support, and improve our infrastructure. Subscribing to Trailforks Pro is your way of supporting Trailforks and it's continued improvement and operations. With your support, we’re excited to make Trailforks even better!

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 7:19 Quote
Sincerely, having contributed to add trail,park,com... these last years and seeing that I can't use it anymore, not even the trail data I created myself, this Trailforks Pro version sticks in my craw. And I imagine that many contributors feel betrayed and taken for idiots.
I really regret to have contributed by thinking to participate to something free; when the trap was already set just waiting for the fishing net to be filled. Business business ...

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 19:34 Quote
Dtux wrote:
Sincerely, having contributed to add trail,park,com... these last years and seeing that I can't use it anymore, not even the trail data I created myself, this Trailforks Pro version sticks in my craw. And I imagine that many contributors feel betrayed and taken for idiots.
I really regret to have contributed by thinking to participate to something free; when the trap was already set just waiting for the fishing net to be filled. Business business ...

I'm sorry you feel that way, but you did only add 12 trails... that is not much work. You can still see the data you added and all other data on the website. Users that have added larger amounts get a free Pro subscription. we've given free subscriptions to the users who have added over 80% of the trails.

And while there may be some who feel "betrayed" like you say, it is not the norm. Our trail contributions have increased A LOT since we started the Pro subscription last September. So while we may have lost some contributing users, we gained much more. And we hope to hire more staff to help produce more in-house content.

photo

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 14:10 Quote
Eek Ok, your answer sums up trailfork's spirt "we take you for a*sholes, if you're not happy go away!"
clap clap clap !

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 21:33 Quote
Why all the hate for this app? I paid $17.99 for the pro version but my sister just paid $30 for a year for Trail Links (paved trail stuff) and it kinda sucks compared to Trailforks. I don’t even know how to get it to track the trail we are on and save it in the database…

Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 16:10 Quote
Reviving this one...

Thought about a Pro subscription. Saw the $108 annual price. Yikes. No thanks. Then I read the super-condescending reply from 3 posts above. Pound sand.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 10:09 Quote
The annual price is $36 USD. Not sure where you get $108...

You can get Trailforks Pro as part of a larger Outside+ subscription, but that is also not 108, it's $99.
https://www.trailforks.com/pro/outsideplus/

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 17:41 Quote
canadaka wrote:
The annual price is $36 USD. Not sure where you get $108...

You can get Trailforks Pro as part of a larger Outside+ subscription, but that is also not 108, it's $99.
https://www.trailforks.com/pro/outsideplus/

My mistake thought it was 4 months. But it Doubled from the previous year????

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 2:30 Quote
I'm still super happy using MTB Project. It's free and working great.

Posted: Apr 17, 2022 at 23:35 Quote
There was a time long ago when people worked, earned money, and then bought stuff of their choosing with the money they earned from companies selling stuff and therefore helping those companies to continue employing people and providing a good product. It was a good system. Win win you could say.

Now we have have a sad sack population that expects free stuff. They don't care about or even understand the wonderful system described above that existed many years ago. They just expect free things and not getting free things makes them cry and whine and feel anger.

I'm choosing to pay the $3 per month with money I've earned.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012701
Mobile Version of Website