Trailforks pro

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks pro
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 21, 2022 at 20:24 Quote
Well worth the money if you are using the app on a weekly basis and like to discover new tracks

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
I swear I remember paying a one time fee for when trailforks was first getting going (was happy to support the program) and the reward for that was I'd never have to pay again?? Or it was at a substantially reduced price...?

Can't remember how many years ago that was but does anyone else remember that promotion?

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 18:12 Quote
jaymac10 wrote:
I swear I remember paying a one time fee for when trailforks was first getting going (was happy to support the program) and the reward for that was I'd never have to pay again?? Or it was at a substantially reduced price...?

Can't remember how many years ago that was but does anyone else remember that promotion?

Reduced price per year if you jumped on early

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 21:03 Quote
Anyone who rides mountainbikes nowadays can either afford this or doesnt need it... I mean, what kind of gear are you schlepping to the trails? If you can't shell out $3 a month I wonder if you need the app or if youre better off to stay on roads you can find on google maps... The times when this was a cheap hobby are long gone. In any case, this is certainly not the right tree to bark up when it comes to overpriced MTB products.... Its kinda really unfair actually.

I cant believe some people really have a problem with this. It makes complete sense to me that a service like trailforks has to cost money. What is free and doesn't suck / is loaded with so much adds its impossible to use?! Its kinda crazy that any of this is free for as long as it was. Its an incredible gift to the community and it is more than reasonably priced.

Only very few things are ever this succesful and free. If things are succesful and good, it is usually because they are expensive and exclusive! Trailforks is the opposite in both regards. Which makes its success actually kinda mindblowing to me. This only worked because it piggybacked on pinkbike, which also remains free and is a pretty amazing resource btw.
If it wasnt for a global community like PB. We would have had a 1000 different forums all over the world that share local trails. total mess, no usability. No community big enough to shoulder app development etc...

Any new product ever introduced into a market evolves that way... You start with a basic thing at a low price.
If you keep improving the thing but keep the same price you will reach a point of diminishing returns because your product becomes more and more complex while the price doesnt reflect it.
Developers at this point have only few options:
-Either stop developing and let the whole thing become slowly obsolete.
-Plaster the whole thing with adds and other moneymaking schemes that, at best cheapen the experience, at worst diminish the usability and break the trust of the user.
-Reach out to investors which are likely to eventually take over and turn the whole thing into a passionless moneygrab.
All death scenarios...

OR, my personal favorite, they can start asking money and put it into pockets of people who actually deserve it. People who likely have worked for less than enough for very long to bring the product into the world in the fist place out of passion. How is that not the perfect world scenario for an evolving product/platform/community?
Its really just business 1O1 and i am sorry to everyone who is reading this and rolling their eyes now, but it seems like this isnt obvious to everyone...

I guess i am just amazed by this as I just bought a new remote for my dropper that cost me 3.5years of trailforks pro... 1 year of TFPRO just bought me a schnazzy set of titanium screws. Which is kinda insane but i was a good boy all month and in the middle of moving to another continent so i felt like i deserved something stupid to help me get out on my bike after all the stress. Honestly without trailforks i'd be kinda screwed... Instead i'm making friends and get to explore my new home without murdering myself down a double black diamond trail by accident...

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 21:23 Quote
Nevermind, I figured it out Smile

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 3:40 Quote
What really annoys me about it, is I scout out trails on the web version and can figure out my route ect. Then when I actually get there it’s outside my free square. So I have to use a combo of Strava heat maps and mobile web browser looking at Trailforks to figure out where I am.
As I have moved since I get up the app, it’s annoying it is basically useless. Having the free square is fine, but they need to let you reset it more than once. Should be once a month or something. I’m not paying $36 a year just to look at some maps I use maybe once a month.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 15:44 Quote
Finan7 wrote:
What really annoys me about it, is I scout out trails on the web version and can figure out my route ect. Then when I actually get there it’s outside my free square. So I have to use a combo of Strava heat maps and mobile web browser looking at Trailforks to figure out where I am.
As I have moved since I get up the app, it’s annoying it is basically useless. Having the free square is fine, but they need to let you reset it more than once. Should be once a month or something. I’m not paying $36 a year just to look at some maps I use maybe once a month.

You can get TF Pro for $18 right now.

You can use the mobile website too. Or you can create a route plan or wishlist a route you find on the website. Then view that route from the "My Wishlist" in the app. The yellow line will show even on the greyed out map.

I also reset your free area.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006525
Mobile Version of Website