Imports tax from europe to uk

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Imports tax from europe to uk
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 5:53 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Hi. How did you pay for purchases in r2?
Did you pay VAT at the checkout or when you received the parcel?
Thank you!

R2 I used Paypal pay in 3 and payed 0% Vat at purchase. Bike Discount was PayPal 4 months interest free and 0% vat. I don't think theres systems in place at this end as the "deal" was so late. As said before that will soon change but make hay while you can.

Even if I did get hit for customs at this end all my purchases would have been cheaper than a UK purchase, last week I got a GX groupset (minus the cassette) with 165 cranks for £220 and a set of Code RSCs for £240

Edit German purcases were DHL then handed over to parcelforce all took less than a week from order to delivery, quickest was an R2 order made on a Tuesday night and was delivered the following Friday

FL
Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 6:05 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
Hi. How did you pay for purchases in r2?
Did you pay VAT at the checkout or when you received the parcel?
Thank you!

R2 I used Paypal pay in 3 and payed 0% Vat at purchase. Bike Discount was PayPal 4 months interest free and 0% vat. I don't think theres systems in place at this end as the "deal" was so late. As said before that will soon change but make hay while you can.

Even if I did get hit for customs at this end all my purchases would have been cheaper than a UK purchase, last week I got a GX groupset (minus the cassette) with 165 cranks for £220 and a set of Code RSCs for £240

Edit German purcases were DHL then handed over to parcelforce all took less than a week from order to delivery, quickest was an R2 order made on a Tuesday night and was delivered the following Friday
Thanks for that. I'll be using Paypal Credit as well so I hope it runs smoothly.
I don't have much choice as the parts I want are available only at bike24 (not shipping to UK) and r2-bike.

Thanks for the info!!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010641
Mobile Version of Website