Where to buy Fox Susp. (BC- Canada) - Online / B&M?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Where to buy Fox Susp. (BC- Canada) - Online / B&M?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2021 at 20:29 Quote
Hi all,

I'm willing to spend some cash on a new fork (36 Factory Grip 2) and shock (FloatX2) for my Santa Cruz 5010 V4. I love my B&M place and I have a quote with installation and taxes (about $2500). I would prefer to support my local guys if the total difference is not significant but...Should I buy online? Where?

Yes I'm buying Fox, not Rock Shox or Ohlins or something else. I like what they stand for, what they represent, their investment in competition, and most important how the suspension feels, so please don't try to convert me. Thank you.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 16:11 Quote
Couple things.
- Any reason you're going so burly on a relatively short travel bike?
- Does the x2 even fit on the redesigned 5010?

To your question I don't think you're going to find a better deal on new fox stuff online anywhere. I'd seriously consider the dpx2 considering you're only working with 130mm rear travel.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 20:29 Quote
Hi, thank you for your answer.

After cracking a few vertebrae for 2 occasions I'm not into big jumps or big drops, so I bought a bike that allows me to go fast, climb and have fun.

I was told that the X2 will fit the bike, but I didn't check myself to be honest (where can I find the exterior diameter?).

Please expand on your theory between travel and shock tunability. Why is the X2 not good for a 130mm bike?

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 20:56 Quote
It may fit on the revamped 5010, it just doesn't on my V3 bronson. I think I may have read they made the tunnel bigger on updated bikes but not sure. You should definitely find a way to check.

X2 is just bigger and heavier than you need. Dpx2 was designed for your application.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 21:26 Quote
Does the DPX2 would have to be set internally for the SC geometry like they do with the stock ones? they set the internal valves for the average rider that they think will work the best (you can be lucky and the compression circuit can perform as you want with a 3 position selector). The X2 would bypass that process.
I had that problem with a used shock that I bought on Ebay for a Spec Enduro a few years ago... it came from a different kind of geometry and it was a nightmare to get it to work kinda properly.

Yes I'm anal with suspension... I can afford to super fine tune high and low speed compression and rebound so why not? I prefer to save weight in other stuff but not in the most important dynamic components of my bike. That's why the stock stuff is killing me...lol

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 21:39 Quote
dpx2 has I believe 10 LSC adjustments in the open setting (not the remote version though). I don't think you'd see any benefit with the x2 with 130mm travel but maybe I'm wrong.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 22:07 Quote
Smile Smile
I agree to disagree..

I believe that the high / low speed rebound and compression tunability is not related to travel. I also believe that this capability on the fork and shock is a major plus on the path to find the holy grail of your preference and not what someone dictates for you.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008937
Mobile Version of Website