How to get sponsorship

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
How to get sponsorship
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 2:27 Quote
Hi just a quick question, this year I will be doing my first ever enduro race in maderia, so excited , and would just like to know how would I go about getting any sort of sponsorship, anything to make my experience better , any ideas would be grateful

Thanks Peter

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
Reach out to companies with an offer of what you can do for them. Sponsorship is not a gift, it’s an exchange, their parts/help in return for whatever it is offer to them. Think what you can offer, better to over deliver than over promise, and see if its of interest to anyone. Maybe start off with your local bike shop or clubs?

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 13:29 Quote
peterbeer911 wrote:
first ever enduro race
Well...you're not going to get any good deals from companies other than perhaps a bro-deal/fake sponsorship where they sell you product at cost+20-30% to make you feel good about yourself while they still profit. Not that that can't help at all, but don't put a ton of time/effort into anything else other than:

1) making sure your bike is 100% good to ride,
2) making sure you're 100% good to ride.

Get those base miles in, take a private lesson or two at a downhill park, whatever it takes to make sure you're on top of things. Train to ride chunky terrain at/near your max HR. Seriously, if you worried about your health and fitness, that'll make your experience multitudes better than whether you score some tires or kit at dealer cost. When you get to that race, worry more about having a great time than putting pressure on yourself to perform. As an upside, you'll be much more relaxed (and probably post up a better time to boot).

*The exception to this being if you compete at a high level in a different sport and can reach out to companies through that, or have a big social media following, etc.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008546
Mobile Version of Website