Tokens for rockshox fork.(DIY or not)

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Tokens for rockshox fork.(DIY or not)
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
I have an year old rockshox recon rl fork which dont accept tokens.

Does anyone have any good ideas for some diy tokens?

i found these but the price
https://m.pinkbike.com/news/review-formulas-neopos-volume-spacer.html

maybe i can just put a rubber wine cork to hang freely on the air chamber????

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
While the Neopos might work (I'm skeptical), this could be a sign that you're ready for an upgraded fork that does allow you to tune volume easily. Either way, do not throw a wine cork in there - it will disintegrate over time and make a total mess of the air chamber/internals.

tumez wrote:
I have an year old rockshox recon rl fork which dont accept tokens.

Does anyone have any good ideas for some diy tokens?

i found these but the price
https://m.pinkbike.com/news/review-formulas-neopos-volume-spacer.html

maybe i can just put a rubber wine cork to hang freely on the air chamber????

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:33 Quote
Ive been thinking of buying a revelation ot pike but at the moment availability is not good.

I think i read somewhere that some people have used a silicon tubing or something for diy token solution.

That recon fork seems to be quite good, but the only problem is the small bump sencivity.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
tumez wrote:
Ive been thinking of buying a revelation ot pike but at the moment availability is not good.

I think i read somewhere that some people have used a silicon tubing or something for diy token solution.

That recon fork seems to be quite good, but the only problem is the small bump sencivity.

Adding tokens doesn't directly increase small bump sensitivity, at least not in a way that you'll appreciate. A service to the lowers of the fork would do more to bring back the small bump sensitivity. Reducing the air in the fork by a few psi would help as well. The recon is a very basic fork - cheap damper, cheap construction, and basic air spring. Even if you could add tokens to it, this isn't the correct route to getting small bump sensitivity.

1) Service the lowers. Fresh grease. If this hasn't been done after a whole season of riding, you'll often need to add air to the fork to have the same support you did pre-service.
2) Reduce the psi in your tires, get tires with a higher volume casing, use inserts, as needed.
3) Wait for a (newer) yari or revelation with the charger RC damper in it to pop up on your local buy/sell, those take tokens and are a very solid value. A 34 with the basic grip damper is good as well. Or, a pike or similar if you can get your hands on one. I'm sure people will be selling these mid-level products for decent prices as the top tier stuff goes on sale/comes with better availability.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004341
Mobile Version of Website