Dh brakes

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 16:33 Quote
whats easier to bleed? saint's or codes? i use to have a hell of a time pushing the pistons in on my old zee's.my srams are flipping serious easy.are saints pretty difficult to bleed?

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 5:59 Quote
The Codes are pretty easy to bleed if you use the kit with the bleeding edge tool. I haven’t bled Shimano, so I can’t help you there.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
Matt7082 wrote:
The Codes are pretty easy to bleed if you use the kit with the bleeding edge tool. I haven’t bled Shimano, so I can’t help you there.

Srams are really easy and mess free with the bleeding edge tool. The Epic Bleed Soultions one is a lot more sensibly priced than the official one. I haven't bled Shimano brakes for quite a while, but I don't remember them being especially hard.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 7:01 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Hope!

Ah yes, the brakes where part of the official bleed process is to spill dot fluid everywhere!

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
thanks guys! question: can you run a sram disc with a saint caliper? what would it matter as long as the size is all the same? 203mm,200mm,180mm?

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 1:40 Quote
wrenchman117 wrote:
thanks guys! question: can you run a sram disc with a saint caliper? what would it matter as long as the size is all the same? 203mm,200mm,180mm?
The thickness of the rotors a slightly different between brands. Typically you can Sram and Shimano together. Some say you lose performance in the brakes, and others say just the opposite.

I bought my previous bike second hand and it had Sram brakes and Shimano rotors and it worked just fine.

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 17:17 Quote
looking to install some saints.i use to run some zee brakes with ice tech rt86 i believe? i forgot.anyway.the saint rt-99 rotor looks like waaaaaay too much of a rotor. what is the next level below that one? the ice-tech #-----? thanks!
203 up front
200 or 180 in rear
maybe 203 rear?
--cheers!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011971
Mobile Version of Website