2021 Optic Vs Sight - real actual info?

PB Forum :: Norco
2021 Optic Vs Sight - real actual info?
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 10:18 Quote
remote-local wrote:
Wilm wrote:
What did you end up going with. Your review for NZ conditions appreciated.

Hey WIlm, I went with the A1 Sight, and couldn't be happier. I was pretty set on the Optic there for a while, but then I couldn't make peace with the potentially limiting travel.

The Sight is absolutely superb, have ridden it in Rotorua and 440 (Hunuas) and it's an absolute blast. fast and poppy, easy to launch, feels really composed when you get airborne, and planted when you're pinning it. And it pedals up hills with ease. Am loving it! I definitely think I made the right choice.

Good news, thanks for updating the thread. I don't think I've ever seen a negative Sight review or commentary.

And once the demos get back in full swing, I'd love to give one a try for the day.

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
Buy an optic! I’m coming off a Kona process 153 and the optic is much better for all around use. I did experience the back end being slightly choppy at first but it was just a matter of fiddling with compression and rebound. I paired mine up with good brakes/ a lyrik up front, and some burly carbon wheels. I would ride this at any bike park. You can also pedal all day without feeling like your pushing a sled. Best bike I’ve had for an all rounder.

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 22:17 Quote
remote-local wrote:
Wilm wrote:
What did you end up going with. Your review for NZ conditions appreciated.

Hey WIlm, I went with the A1 Sight, and couldn't be happier. I was pretty set on the Optic there for a while, but then I couldn't make peace with the potentially limiting travel.

The Sight is absolutely superb, have ridden it in Rotorua and 440 (Hunuas) and it's an absolute blast. fast and poppy, easy to launch, feels really composed when you get airborne, and planted when you're pinning it. And it pedals up hills with ease. Am loving it! I definitely think I made the right choice.

Cheers for the update - much appreciated. I'm looking at the C2 - not far away from pulling the pin - hopefully a bit of an upgrade from the 2019 Remedy 8 which I'm sure is too small for me.

Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 14:49 Quote
What's sizing is everyone running on the optic? 2021
I'm 174cm norco puts me on a large but I feel like a medium would be better suited

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 5:23 Quote
mitch148 wrote:
What's sizing is everyone running on the optic? 2021
I'm 174cm norco puts me on a large but I feel like a medium would be better suited

I am 175cm, on a large. It's perfect! Have faith in their sizing, even tho it's probably a fair bit different to your current bike.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 19:16 Quote
yep im 175cm and test rode both. at first the large felt big, then rode the medium which actually felt cramped, test rode the large again, wacked on a 35mm stem and felt perfect so went with a large.

dont look at the reach measurements alone, use the RAD bike fitting theory to fit the bike. My RAD on the large is really close.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 0:56 Quote
So.... i waited 8 months for my warranty replacement Optic frame. During that time and when it finally arrived i was in two minds whether i should sell it or keep it.

Well in the end i thought back to before it failed and i loved it, so despite the sour taste in my mouth from all the delays etc i decided to build it up and start enjoying it again.

So introducing the Tangerine Dream.....

2021 Norco Optic build
2021 Norco Optic build
2021 Norco Optic build
2021 Norco Optic build

Quick spec:

2021 Optic Frame - Large (as far as i am aware, the only orange one in the UK)
Sram AXS X01 draivetrain
Sram AXS Reverb 170mm dropper
Shimano MT501 4 Pot brakes - 203mm f/180mm r
Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate Forks - 140mm
Zipp Moto3 Carbon Wheelset
Schwalbe Magic Mary/Hans Dampf Tyres
Unit Components Stem 42.5mm
OneUp Carbon Handle Bar
OneUp EDC V2 tool
OneUp Chain guide
Fidlock Bottle
Nukeproof Pedals
Specialized Saddle
DMR Deathgrips

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007765
Mobile Version of Website