MATTE Racer Tape

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
MATTE Racer Tape
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
Hi Everyone

I've got a new bike coming in a couple of weeks with a matte paint job. Hoping to protect it with some racer tape. I can't seem to find any that are matte finish. Does anyone know where I can get matte finished tape? Everything I see on Amazon is either glossy or transparent. The goal is to not add a shine/gloss to the bike. I still want the colors to appear as they would without the tape. Anyone have recommendations? Links would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
gspjute wrote:
Hi Everyone

I've got a new bike coming in a couple of weeks with a matte paint job. Hoping to protect it with some racer tape. I can't seem to find any that are matte finish. Does anyone know where I can get matte finished tape? Everything I see on Amazon is either glossy or transparent. The goal is to not add a shine/gloss to the bike. I still want the colors to appear as they would without the tape. Anyone have recommendations? Links would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Xpel Stealth . It comes in wide rolls though, not a narrow tape.So you have to cut it.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 17:24 Quote
Thanks for the recommendation! Does anyone else have a recommendation? I like to have more than one option to do some research on. I'm in the states, so anything in North America would be great.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 21:47 Quote
Ride Wrap does full kits in a matte finish.

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
https://www.amazon.com/Lamin-x-Bicycle-Frame-Guard-Matte/dp/B079LR76JV

I use this on my CF Capra. Not the thickest but gets the job done well enough and is almost invisible.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv23 0.005262
Mobile Version of Website