Types of Jumps

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Types of Jumps
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 22:08 Quote
payettetrails wrote:
I think this does show what you are talking about...in the second pic, where it is just framed, you are looking in the direction you would ride it. The bottom section of framing is curved to launch you up to the flat top, and the angled section in the middle is just there for safety. The first pic is looking back at it from down the trail, at the surface you would ride down.

NoMaDicMTBer wrote:
payettetrails wrote:
You thinking something like this?

Kind of, but keep the main tabletop and substitute the ways to get up to it with some jumps to make it a step up if that makes sense

Yeah that's a good way to put it

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 22:35 Quote
I know it’s a bit late but another way to save some dirt and still have less risk would we a wanna be gap. They’re pretty much a gap jump with a 5-7 foot case pad. In other words it’s a table with a gap after the lip.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 0:53 Quote
NoMaDicMTBer wrote:
So I'm building some trails and I decided to add a small jump line to spice things up, but the problem is I don't know what kind of jumps to put. Any Ideas? I don't want anything too big.
I quite like a step downs for little jumps as it feels like your getting more air time and less close to the ground but, I think it’s more just how much air time and also the speed your going to carry into the next section.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
Ooofff wrote:
NoMaDicMTBer wrote:
So I'm building some trails and I decided to add a small jump line to spice things up, but the problem is I don't know what kind of jumps to put. Any Ideas? I don't want anything too big.
I quite like a step downs for little jumps as it feels like your getting more air time and less close to the ground but, I think it’s more just how much air time and also the speed your going to carry into the next section.
yeah I've got a couple gaps that are essentially step downs, their really fun.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
NoMaDicMTBer wrote:
Ooofff wrote:
NoMaDicMTBer wrote:
yeah I've got a couple gaps that are essentially step downs, their really fun.
my personal favourite jumps are big floaty step downs that you can just fly off without any big kind of boost

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006704
Mobile Version of Website