2019 Fugitive LT coil shock choices..

PB Forum :: Knolly
2019 Fugitive LT coil shock choices..
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
I picked up a 2019 fugitive LT last September which I'm loving BUT I'm not completely loving the dpx2 factory shock - maybe I need to really tune it but it feels kinda 'dead'. It does the job very well but I don't feel the same pop, liveliness and traction that I'm used to from my last bike which had a coil.

That last bike was a Process153 with a Vivid R2C and I know in terms of platform and travel they may be poles apart but I'm really thinking about putting a coil back in there.

I know the Fugitive doesn't bob when I'm climbing tech i.e. when I have the climb switch 'open' but do any riders here have any input on how the four by four platform works with a coil - the Marz Bomber is looking like a great shock at a great price but has anyone used one? Otherwise, it looks like a CC Kitsuma or DHX2 or Jade - I don;t think I can go to a Push or anything in that price area

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 9:50 Quote
Hey Dan,

The 4byfour works really well with coil shocks. The linkage is fully progressive meaning that you should be good with a standard coil spring, no progressive springs required.

I've had a couple Fugitives and I mostly ran air shocks on them but have had some experience with coils. What you are feeling with the rear shock is a DPX2 trait. The best value air shock to run on there is a Rock Shox Super Deluxe Select plus, the new X2 is really sweet on the bike as well. You could find a used Super Deluxe and send it in for service to Fluid Function or Vorspring and have it incredibly well tuned for you for the same price as a new shock.

Steer away from the Jade, old gen Cane Creek DB-Airs on the trunion (new kitsumas airs are great) on this bike.

I don't think you'll be able to fit a Push on the bike, their new lower shock mount design sits too far below the bolt and contacts the frame. The Fox DHX2, Cane Creek Kitsuma,, or maybe the EXT if you want something custom. I've got a Bomber CR on my Warden LT right now and have it paired with my Z1 coil fork. It's been a blast so far, although I do miss the lockout with the longer travel when climbing smooth climbs. I don't care when on GSM or other chunky climb trails.

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 11:29 Quote
I’m running an Endorphin with the CCDB IL coil and it’s been great. I do occasionally reach for the climb switch but not very often. It’s my first coil so I can’t really compare it to anything but air and I can say I’m not looking to replace it.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 11:21 Quote
skinnie-master wrote:
Hey Dan,

Steer away from the Jade, old gen Cane Creek DB-Airs on the trunion (new kitsumas airs are great) on this bike.

The Fox DHX2, Cane Creek Kitsuma,, or maybe the EXT if you want something custom. I've got a Bomber CR on my Warden LT right now and have it paired with my Z1 coil fork. It's been a blast so far, although I do miss the lockout with the longer travel when climbing smooth climbs. I don't care when on GSM or other chunky climb trails.

I'm borrowing a friend's SuperDeluxe Coil so that should be a good test - I had an R2CVivid on the Process and got along with that nicely - the only bob I'd get annoyed at would be on the usual gravel climbs like Fromme/Old Buck/Mashiter not GSM or Dyer Maker/Wardens where I'd want that traction coming in spades.

Any info on why to avoid the DVO Jade?

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 3:05 Quote
Did you end up making a decision? Another left of field choice could be the MRP Hazzard, single tube design with high and low speed compression externa adjustment, as well as low speed rebound and a climb switch.

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 11:28 Quote
Nope, nothing yet. I'm reeling from the sticker shock of a new GX cassette and chain....which has effectively sucked up most of my budget for a Coil shock

Hopefully trying out the superDeluxe coil in a few weeks. I'm currently getting a decent ride from the DPX2 and also Tannus inserts which are definitely worth the money.

I think I'll practice for a non-climb switch coil by leaving my DPX2 in open constantly haha

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005998
Mobile Version of Website