Shimano Deore levers with Saint calipers question

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Shimano Deore levers with Saint calipers question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 12:26 Quote
I have a set of Deore M615 brakes with 2 pistons that I wrecked the calibers on a few years back hitting a tree, the levers and reservoirs are fine. I also have a set of Saint brakes that had the levers broken in a shipping accident (Delta drove over my bike I think).
I was wondering before I drop $60 on new hydraulic lines.
I have no doubt that they can connect with the right hose ends. But rather will the Deore levers be able to physically work the saints?

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
I don’t know about that specific combination, but in general Shimano makes 2-piston and 4-piston levers. Those levers won’t push much fluid, so you’ll have massive power but also huuuuge lever throw. I would not think you’d be happy with the result.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
jeepnphreak wrote:
I have a set of Deore M615 brakes with 2 pistons that I wrecked the calibers on a few years back hitting a tree, the levers and reservoirs are fine. I also have a set of Saint brakes that had the levers broken in a shipping accident (Delta drove over my bike I think).
I have no doubt that they can connect with the right hose ends. But rather will the Deore levers be able to physically work the saints?
it will work fine. Shimano MTB levers and calipers are all fully interchangeable, there is no difference between levers for 2 and 4 piston setups.

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 0:00 Quote
chize wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
it will work fine. Shimano MTB levers and calipers are all fully interchangeable, there is no difference between levers for 2 and 4 piston setups.
I can vouch for that, I ran Saint levers on my XT brake, no issue. Only thing to watch out for is if you are running m506 or lower. You can't interchange high and low pressure shimano brakes. The M506 looks exactly like a high end shimano brake lever too (has the small single finger lever and what not)

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
All right, Thanks for the replies.
You have given me enough confidence to try making a new set of Frankenbrakes.
Worst case is does not work and I have to upgrade levers later...
If it works it saves me some coin

Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 9:57 Quote
How do the brakes feel compared to XT lever with xt4piston or saint lever and saint caliper?

Sayshell wrote:
chize wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
I can vouch for that, I ran Saint levers on my XT brake, no issue. Only thing to watch out for is if you are running m506 or lower. You can't interchange high and low pressure shimano brakes. The M506 looks exactly like a high end shimano brake lever too (has the small single finger lever and what not)

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 5:53 Quote
Xcshredder08 wrote:
How do the brakes feel compared to XT lever with xt4piston or saint lever and saint caliper?

Sayshell wrote:
chize wrote:

I bought a bike w. Zee's however one lever is a 7100 series slx and they feel no different on the trail as far as lever feel and pull.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2023 at 23:17 Quote
I'm going to do this with Deore 6100 levers and ZEE calipers. Should I use a BH-90 hose and will the connectors on the BH-90 hose fit the Deore levers?
I like the fact that there is no free stroke on the Deore 6100 levers but need more powerful calipers and I've had brand new ZEE's sitting around forever.

Posted: Jan 24, 2023 at 10:28 Quote
Any Shimano caliper, and any Shimano lever, can be used with your choice of BH-90 or BH-59 hose. I prefer 90 because it results in firmer lever feel.

Just make sure you use the correct barbs for the hose you choose (silver barb for 90, brass barb for 59).

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2023 at 20:33 Quote
barp wrote:
Any Shimano caliper, and any Shimano lever, can be used with your choice of BH-90 or BH-59 hose. I prefer 90 because it results in firmer lever feel.

Just make sure you use the correct barbs for the hose you choose (silver barb for 90, brass barb for 59).
Awesome thanks. Sorry for the late reply. I got hurt and was pretty bummed out about it. I stayed away from anything to do with mountain biking so I wouldn't get more depressed that I couldn't ride. I plan to swap my deore calipers for my brand new Zee calipers, that have been sitting on a shelf for over a year very soon. Blew out my knee and it has taken almost a year to get a surgery date but I got one now!!!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016434
Mobile Version of Website