Shred Decoys Came and Gone, EP8 Next?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Shred Decoys Came and Gone, EP8 Next?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 2:36 Quote
The first batch of this new model had E8000s. I hope the new batch has the EP8 though that means frame changes to fit the smaller motor and maybe upgrade the battery size.

Any current Shred owners care to chime in?

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 23:36 Quote
holytrails wrote:
The first batch of this new model had E8000s. I hope the new batch has the EP8 though that means frame changes to fit the smaller motor and maybe upgrade the battery size.

The EP8 was made to fit the same as the E8000 without any change to the frame...

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 0:24 Quote
keju wrote:
holytrails wrote:

The EP8 was made to fit the same as the E8000 without any change to the frame...

Oh really? That's good news. Hopefully YT can get some new Shreds in soonish...

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 13:51 Quote
I have a new Shred with the E8000. Based upon the issues with the EP8, I didn't want to wait for the new motor to only have it fail and have to deal with warranty issues being in the US.

I did consider waiting for the new/bigger battery, but...I'm glad I didn't. The new battery will be compatible, and YT stated they will give priority to existing owners of the Decoy who want to upgrade, if/when supplies are available.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 15:04 Quote
Canyon93108 wrote:
I have a new Shred with the E8000. Based upon the issues with the EP8, I didn't want to wait for the new motor to only have it fail and have to deal with warranty issues being in the US.

I did consider waiting for the new/bigger battery, but...I'm glad I didn't. The new battery will be compatible, and YT stated they will give priority to existing owners of the Decoy who want to upgrade, if/when supplies are available.

Cool and good to know.

So, how are you liking the Shred? What size did you get and what's your usual sweet spot fit?

FL
Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 8:08 Quote
When’s the new decoys show up?

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 14:51 Quote
holytrails wrote:
Canyon93108 wrote:

Cool and good to know.

So, how are you liking the Shred? What size did you get and what's your usual sweet spot fit?

The shred is a solid build. My first real e-bike, I was worried about weight on steep tech rock gardens/ect. You honestly can't feel the weight when going either direction (unless you turn the motor off going up-hill.)

I am a size large on my Rimpo AF, but on the YT Decoy I am an XL. (6'0 tall)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008664
Mobile Version of Website