How long have you been waiting for Frame/bike?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
How long have you been waiting for Frame/bike?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 23:11 Quote
I have been waiting since November which was suppose to be the release date for a chromoly hardtail frame. Frame gets getting pushed back every month. The date now is mid-feb. I have all the parts ready to go it’s frustrating.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 9:18 Quote
The current demand and lack of inventory is pretty crazy and frustrating. We have be lucky at getting several bikes that were out of stock in for review in 2020 but we were grabbing what we could find. Hoping things get back to somewhat normal soon.

What frame are you waiting on?

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 10:18 Quote
meSSican wrote:
The current demand and lack of inventory is pretty crazy and frustrating. We have be lucky at getting several bikes that were out of stock in for review in 2020 but we were grabbing what we could find. Hoping things get back to somewhat normal soon.

What frame are you waiting on?

RSD Middlechild they are being made in Taiwan in the same factory were a lot of bike manufacturers also do there frames
The Canfield nimble 9 was my second option but preferred the Middlechild because of more modern geo and the price tag! Hard to beat.
I think things won’t go back to normal until next year.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 10:23 Quote
Ordered a 2021 Santa Cruz Hightower back at the end of July (30th or 31st) and just received it on January 15th. So almost 6 months for me.

When my LBS called me about it coming in it they mentioned that because how Covid screwed all the supply chains and what not that Santa Cruz was basically sold out of their inventory, even going to the point of canceling orders that were placed. I wouldn't be surprised if other brands are in the same boat.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
I've been waiting for a yari fork since late October, due in tomorrow was the last update from my lbs. The rest of the kit is there ready and waiting so frustrating!

Originally was looking at Cannondale habit but they said it was real unlikely I would be able to get it before April/may this year at best

So in the end bought a new Aeris 145 frame on sale and building up

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
Ordered a Rallon early September. wasn't meant to arrive till early January.Hasn't arrived yet. Probs not helped that Orbea stopped shipping to UK. Think they have started shipping again last week so hopefully will get here.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 18:21 Quote
WoodenBanana wrote:
Ordered a 2021 Santa Cruz Hightower back at the end of July (30th or 31st) and just received it on January 15th. So almost 6 months for me.

When my LBS called me about it coming in it they mentioned that because how Covid screwed all the supply chains and what not that Santa Cruz was basically sold out of their inventory, even going to the point of canceling orders that were placed. I wouldn't be surprised if other brands are in the same boat.

santa cruz essentially shut down their dealer website, and put a banner on the top saying "sold out of all 2021 models".

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
Got my 2021 Specialized Enduro 45 minutes after calling the shop. They had one in stock and almost built. Lucky? Probably. But the conspiracy theorist in me says the Big S is throwing their weight around to ensure top priority with their factories.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 6:50 Quote
Ordered a 2021 Slash in September a few weeks after they launched in the US.

ETA is mid-april and for the "cooler" color options they were showing May/June ETA even back in September. I'm guessing now they just aren't taking orders at all but who knows.

The new slash is getting great reviews so the 7+ month wait better be worth it...

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 7:02 Quote
Waited over 6 months for two big brand frames. Sh1tcanned the orders. Bought another Morph and found a Banshee Rune frame V3 for cheap! Really impressed with it.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
Just put a deposit down a couple weeks ago for a bike I will hope to have in June. Selling then buying a bike right now is almost impossible, I have been trying to get a bike for 6months but nothing I want has been in stock. I will try Selling my bike when I get shipping notification. Luckily I have all the money I need for my new bike.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 20:02 Quote
I ordered the Giant Trance X3 in late September with an estimated delivery date of March 2021. Looks likes it’s still on schedule. I have my current HT 26er that I can ride until it comes in, but I’m super excited for the new bike. Hopefully it is as great as everyone says it is.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 21:48 Quote
Ordered a Commencal Meta AM in Sept. Original ETA was March and I was just told it's been pushed back to mid April at the earliest.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 4:45 Quote
Over 8 months for a Transition Sentinel frame...arrived yesterday.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 5:54 Quote
martinmwwebb wrote:
I've been waiting for a yari fork since late October, due in tomorrow was the last update from my lbs. The rest of the kit is there ready and waiting so frustrating!

Originally was looking at Cannondale habit but they said it was real unlikely I would be able to get it before April/may this year at best

So in the end bought a new Aeris 145 frame on sale and building up

Popped into the LBS today - its due in tomorrow now so fingers crossed my steed should be ready for next week!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006849
Mobile Version of Website