PB Forum :: Downhill
Best damn downhill movie?
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 2:45 Quote
foot out flat out

good film

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
My List:

- all the collective films
- Clay Porter vids (Hypnosis & Between the Tape - only ones I have seen).
- all the earth series (1 -5)
- Old school - Shift

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 11:58 Quote
uprising, drift 3, stars & bars, nwd5, anti gravity 2 , all earthed movies, roam, seasons

O+
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
Seasons .........hands down.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 10:50 Quote
the tipping point, it will get you pumped.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 12:20 Quote
acanning13 wrote:
the tipping point, it will get you pumped.
agrred tipping point blew my mind!!! so amazing and such high quality!

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 12:33 Quote
Tipping Point. hands down best bike movie .

Posted: Nov 14, 2012 at 6:31 Quote
For future readers: 1. Where the trail ends 2. Follow me 3. From the Inside Out 4. 3 Minute Gaps

Posted: Nov 14, 2012 at 18:19 Quote
F1st, and between the tape are by far the best i've seen

Posted: Nov 14, 2012 at 23:39 Quote
many many yrs back Warwick Patterson did a movie call DIRT if i remember right amazing DH related video i had a copy somewhere i,ll have to dig around

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 at 4:33 Quote
where the trail ends ... just .. awesome

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 at 4:48 Quote
i was really looking forward to WTTE and was hugley disappointed with it. it had been hyped as something new and a radical departure from conventional movies, but in the end it was just another road movie with a bunch of guys riding big stuff that you and I will never ride and it did nothing at all to advance the sport. all the way through they talk about binning in in whatever country theyre in and worry that there wont be medical facilities. yeah, coz everybody outside of the USA lives in mud huts and practices voodoo. instead of exploring the world, they took thier american attitudes with them and didnt once stray from the formula or the little bubble they live in. its worthless.

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 at 5:39 Quote
querhoch really? troll ?

I live in Finland and i would be pretty damn nervous if i had to go to a place like nepal and do some of those jumps .. it is in the middle of nowhere .. the medical facilities might be anything from decent to something my grandmother made me eat when i got cold when i was 5. you really do not know before you know.
and think about the worst case scenario .. someone falls down bad, several broken bones , some internal damage to organs.. where would you like to get that fixed ? in nepal .. a place that you really have absolutely no experience about , i mean did you watch the movie? the hospital did not look that promising.. or back home with the top of the notch medical facilities.

how can it make no difference in the sport if you dig up new places to ride in and then go see if they work.. then make a movie about them .. those are places that no one has ridden before, and now you see it can be done there.

Saying that doesnt advance the sport makes me wonder .. what would advance it then ?

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 at 6:57 Quote
the movie is about a bunch of over priveledged jocks riding in new places. thats it. it might look good but whats the point?

the movies that show how it is for 99.9999% of us are the ones that advance the sport. they show us how to ride trails that we can access and not some bullshit about travelling thousands of miles to ride down a ridge in the himalayas. it must be fun and all, but nobody else is ever going to ride it so it teaches us nothing. nobody in the movie talks about thier rides or thier techniques, its just the same old slow motion action shots, only someplace youve never seen them before.

as a spectacle it works, but only on that level.

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 at 7:40 Quote
oh dear god .. so you are a troll indeed?

if not then ->

please don`t mix this movie to a step by step instruction on how to ride your bike at your local trail.
Those movies/clips can be made by justabout anyone who has atleast some skills in biking .. or actually lets take that back, anyone can google "how to ride a bike".

Not anyone can ride a bike like these guys do , that actually takes so much skill that 99.9999999% of us will never be on that level. BUT we all enjoy watching them

there are movies that show you how to progress .. there are movies that give you tips on what to do.

This is not a movie like that .. this is top of the notch riders going out to explore new locations for where big mountainbiking can be done.

And i for one would actually love to go out there and ride my bike.. i dont have the skills or the time/money .. but maybe one day

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029256
Mobile Version of Website