Transition scout 2021 with 150 rear shock and 160 fork

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition scout 2021 with 150 rear shock and 160 fork
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 13:15 Quote
Considering buying this bike from new,but unsure if it would be suitable for bike parks,anyone with any experience on this bike?

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
That's plenty for an everything bike, especially for bike parks. If you're mostly riding bike parks though, I recommend the Patrol instead.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 15:44 Quote
Trying to find a patrol in the uk is next to impossible at the moment!lol any experience with a patrol as I’ve never ridden one?

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 15:57 Quote
Gwynyg wrote:
Trying to find a patrol in the uk is next to impossible at the moment!lol any experience with a patrol as I’ve never ridden one?

Seems to be the trend with bikes these days! I have a friend that owns one and I was able to demo one for a day. Super fun and capable bike that's ready to conquer any terrain. That being said, the Scout is also super capable and fun. I own a Pivot Mach 6 2020 and it has 160F and 155R. Super capable and I have taken it to numerous bike parks and everything from super technical trails to multiple days punishing it to jump lines of all sizes. Therefore the amount of travel the Scout has is plenty and it'll serve you well on all aspects of riding.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 16:06 Quote
A spanner has been thrown in the works,I’ve been offered a patrol frame to build up so looks like it’s a straight choice between a scout and a patrol.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 1:50 Quote
More pedaling = scout
More bike parks and uplifts = patrol

In saying that they will both be capable of doing either very very well, it's just that the patrol leans towards the downhill side of the spectrum. Be honest with yourself and buy the bike for the riding you will be doing 90% of the time.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 1:51 Quote
I think the patrol is due a model revision soon too so keep that in mind. The scout had a tart up last year I think.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
The Scout's geo makes it look like a freeride bike TBO

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005103
Mobile Version of Website