Yet another YT Capra sizing question

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Yet another YT Capra sizing question
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
Ok, I know people constantly ask for sizing help for the YT Capra. The problem for me is I can't find a forum that is similar to my situation. I'm about 5'8 ( Still growing, I'm 15 ) and don't want to screw up with the size. I'm leaning toward a large so I can keep the bike in the future but am worried about the seat being too high. I would mainly use it for downhill, meaning I need to get behind the seat. Every forum I go onto people are responding, "It is based on your preference." Problem is, I don't have a preference. I need what fits me. Leg proportions are normal for my height. By the way looking to get the 27 base model. Thanks in advance.

TLDR : YT Capra, M or Large for 5'8

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
You are at the bottom end of a large and "still growing". Get a Large.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
I agree with DJR get the large. The seat tube is pretty short for a large, and with modern geometry you don't need to get as far back on downhills

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 1:46 Quote
I'm 5'8 and own a large Jeffsy29, which is slightly longer than a large capra. I'd definitely say go for the large

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
I have a similar question I’m 14 and 5,10 I’m supposed to be about 6 foot in the next year or two, I’m planning on getting a yt Capra large 27.5. I prefer 27.5 but should I get an xl

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 22:12 Quote
ChrisD27 wrote:
I have a similar question I’m 14 and 5,10 I’m supposed to be about 6 foot in the next year or two, I’m planning on getting a yt Capra large 27.5. I prefer 27.5 but should I get an xl

6ft and like to haul, go for XL. Playful and stylish, go for L.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004854
Mobile Version of Website