Find me the perfect bike plz!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Find me the perfect bike plz!
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 22:33 Quote
AdinK wrote:
Will022505 wrote:
AdinK wrote:
Hi guys I need a bike that can handle regular trail riding, some park riding, and a bit of enduro. Price point is no higher than $2,500, no SX eagle. Thank you for your suggestions! Hardtail or full suspension.

Why are you against SX?
The main body of the derailleur is plastic and my local trails are very rocky so I am fairly sure I would break it off.

As opposed to a metal cage that will simply bend? Durability is comparable between the 2 from my experience working at a bike shop.

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 20:02 Quote
Will022505 wrote:
AdinK wrote:
Will022505 wrote:

Why are you against SX?
The main body of the derailleur is plastic and my local trails are very rocky so I am fairly sure I would break it off.

As opposed to a metal cage that will simply bend? Durability is comparable between the 2 from my experience working at a bike shop.
So a metal derailleur might not even last longer than a plastic one?

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 12:26 Quote
Wait til you find out about magura and their plastic brake levers

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 22:30 Quote
toad321 wrote:
Wait til you find out about magura and their plastic brake levers

Which models, or which specific parts. The specs for the MT5 says aluminum, but if there are parts on there that aren't I'd genuinely want to know. I WAS sort of considering those from all the good words I heard so I'd like to know if I'd want to avoid them myself. Used to really be Shimano for me, but I have Code RSC's on my stumpjumper now & I'll know this season if I like them any better.

Thanks for the tip

~JSV

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 12:13 Quote
AdinK wrote:
Will022505 wrote:
AdinK wrote:

Not necessarily. We find the durability to be relatively similar

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
Will022505 wrote:
AdinK wrote:
Will022505 wrote:

Not necessarily. We find the durability to be relatively similar
Interesting I’ll keep that in mind

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014241
Mobile Version of Website