Hemorrhoids, who else suffers?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Hemorrhoids, who else suffers?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 23:07 Quote
Okay I have searched and nobody ever mentions hemorrhoids. So I will go first. Mine are internal. Missed riding in Prescott  last year because of a flare up. Madder

Why am I telling a bunch of strangers this? If you are passionate about riding I hope you never suffer from them. Keeps one from riding. Frown

Mid June this year it happened again. Decided to see a real DR and put this behind for good. Doc said you need a colorectal surgeon. Surgeon does a  banding on two 'rhoids. After 16 days 100% relief! Jumped on my bike and took a 30 minute easy ride- green & blue trails. Might have come back to that too soon. Whip

Anyway, at my 6 wk follow up I told the doc things had gotten better then got worse. He banded two more. This time no relief. Cry

Fortunately, mine aren't bleeding or anything like that. Feels like an insect bite. It's hard for me drive my car 30 minutes to work. Been taking ibuprofen & trying sitz bath 2-3 times a day.

Reaching out to my fellow riders looking for advice. Worried i'll need surgery for them. Heard it is nothing but horrendous pain for months. Very confused

Thanks for letting me vent. Really Mad

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 5:49 Quote
My sympathies! If your hemorrhoids are internal-are you manually reducing them? This alone will significantly relieve the pain.

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
So I've had this problem too. Had banding done, that's not fun hey!
There's some stuff in Australia, soov-it cream, its the only cream that actually worked for me.
Also Ive recently lost a fair bit of weight and my problems have gone away. Highly doubtful that its coincidental, I've had this issue for about 10 years, and now all the sudden its gone the same time as the weight loss.
I wasnt really overweight either, just carrying some extra, so that's something to have a think about too.

Good luck

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004475
Mobile Version of Website