Changing colour of rear triangle???

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Changing colour of rear triangle???
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 15:39 Quote
Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend the easiest way to sort out the colour of my rear triangle?

Any stickers or wraps or something or maybe some paint I can do with brush?

My bike is a wilier e803 enduro, the bike is great and has great parts on it but the rear triangle is ugly.

Also anything to colour in the external battery and make it look bit better, maybe some stickers?

I will link to the bike on Merlin there is a few pics on there, hope that's ok not sure on site rules, if not I can upload video.

https://www.merlincycles.com/wilier-e803-enduro-xt-di2-full-suspension-mountain-e-bike-186622.html

I have had the bike nearly a year now and it's been great, I love the silver frame and the forks and everything but rear triangle is funny colour.

If your wondering why I bought one with a funny looking rear triangle it's because everything on it was too spec and got it at great price £2800 down from £5500.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 15:59 Quote
You bought an ugly bike, same rules apply to anyone who has an ugly child, relative or significant other...

Look beyond the external and see the wonderful soul, focus on that. Or live in a dimly lit house.

Seriously though, yeah it's ugly. Any stickers or paint will negatively effect the resale value.

So I'd get an even uglier bike to park next to it for a while, give yourself some perspective.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 16:59 Quote
eshew wrote:
You bought an ugly bike, same rules apply to anyone who has an ugly child, relative or significant other...

Look beyond the external and see the wonderful soul, focus on that. Or live in a dimly lit house.

Seriously though, yeah it's ugly. Any stickers or paint will negatively effect the resale value.

So I'd get an even uglier bike to park next to it for a while, give yourself some perspective.

Lmao, lol,

I am not bothered about resale value, I was left the money to get the bike off my nan so it means a lot to me and would never sell it. Plus the handing, size, performance is perfect fit for me.

As for parking it next to an uglier bike that is a bit of a issue, my little bro just got a sexy looking 2021 Merida .

I have fitted big mudguards and eddy current 2.8 and vault pedals and a JBL charge.

I do love the bike, and won't be changing it, just wondering if anything could be done to improve visuals. Obviously visuals isn't all that important to me but if there is but if there is anything to tart it up a bit just wondering.

Thanks for advice I will have a shift round in the garage and start parking it next to my village bike.

Here is a pic.
https://ibb.co/zXpPt50

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
Ha Smile if I were you I'd just wait it out, when it's time to do a tear down maybe repaint the rear end. Or play around with plastidip spray cans, it's a plastic based paint that you can peel off later. So would be a good choice, easy to fix if you don't like it or want to change. Just make sure you helicopter tape any high abrasion areas.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 5:23 Quote
eshew wrote:
Ha Smile if I were you I'd just wait it out, when it's time to do a tear down maybe repaint the rear end. Or play around with plastidip spray cans, it's a plastic based paint that you can peel off later. So would be a good choice, easy to fix if you don't like it or want to change. Just make sure you helicopter tape any high abrasion areas.

Hey thanks for the advise.

Also what colour would you recommend for the rear triangle?

In my head I think black would look best but I'm not great at colour coding stuff.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 5:41 Quote
White. Black would only accentuate it like the yellow does. Rustoleum is surprisingly durable if you prepare the surface properly (lightly sand and clean with solvent). You can take it apart to paint, then reassemble the bike after painting.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
Captainaubrey wrote:
White. Black would only accentuate it like the yellow does. Rustoleum is surprisingly durable if you prepare the surface properly (lightly sand and clean with solvent). You can take it apart to paint, then reassemble the bike after painting.

Hey thanks I hadn't even considered white.

Would you also paint the mudguards or leave them black?

I like the big mudguards it stops dirt getting in my eyes and cuts down on cleaning my bike. I'm in England and it's muddy round here.

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
Thanks for all the replies everyone I now have a lot to go on and all the info I need.

One last pic of it outside today.

https://ibb.co/ydjfHFv

Thanks everyone

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004801
Mobile Version of Website