Thumb Pain

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 22:02 Quote
I've been getting some pain in my thumb joints lately when I mountain bike, both hands but mostly the right. It sort of creeps up through the ride, and by the end I'm trying to avoid shifting gears because it hurts. I've been wearing a thumb brace, but it doesn't really help too much. Anyone had anything similar and anything to recommend? I was thinking about trying narrower bars, or maybe tinkering with brake levers to have a throw closer to the bar.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 13:50 Quote
dmeagher wrote:
I've been getting some pain in my thumb joints lately when I mountain bike, both hands but mostly the right. It sort of creeps up through the ride, and by the end I'm trying to avoid shifting gears because it hurts. I've been wearing a thumb brace, but it doesn't really help too much. Anyone had anything similar and anything to recommend? I was thinking about trying narrower bars, or maybe tinkering with brake levers to have a throw closer to the bar.

Move your brake levers upwards. This will twist your wrists backwards a little, putting less pressure on the thumb joint and more on the palm of your hands.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004809
Mobile Version of Website